Option to re-build razed city

Do you have suggestions or ideas for improvement, post them here and we will them out.

Option to re-build razed city

Postby Itangast » Sun May 16, 2010 10:28 am

Razing cities is part of the game but its kinda one-sided.

When you implement heroes perhaps add the possibility to rebuild a town if your hero is present at the razed city. Off course the fee to rebuild it would be significant eg 1000 gp. Production units would have to be re-bought as well...
Itangast

Re: Option to re-build razed city

Postby KGB » Mon May 17, 2010 1:06 am

Yeah this feature was added to Warlords 3 and was a good one to have.

The rebuild cost was 800 gold and any unit could rebuild a city, not just a hero.

As Itangast mentions, production has to be re-bought.

KGB
KGB

Postby steff » Mon May 17, 2010 7:42 am

Naahh. That's a poor suggestion in my opinion.

If used correctly, I think attacking and razing an enemy city is one of the most powerful strategies in Warlords II. If the city can be rebuilt that part of the tacticts/strategy is gone and that would not be good at all.
steff

Postby KGB » Tue May 18, 2010 12:55 am

Steff,

I wouldn't worry too much about a rebuilt option taking out the raze strategy. At 800 gold a pop it gets mighty expensive to rebuild cities. One city + 100 gold worth of light infantry production + 100 gold worth of walls equals = 1 new hero or 1 other city with spider production etc.

In Warlords 3, cities are rebuilt on occasion but for the most part they are not. Those that are, are ones in a strategic location (which would be the reason for rebuilding in War 2) or those that have magic capabilities (something that doesn't exist in War 2). You can prevent the rebuilt by stationing units on the razed city in effect guarding the ruins.

KGB
KGB

Postby steff » Tue May 18, 2010 10:49 am

Well if the cost is high enough it could still be used as a strategy.

Could be Ok.....
steff

Postby piranha » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:35 am

I think this is a good idea too. If the price is right it should add interesting choice.
piranha
Site Admin

Return to Wish list