Bonus for visiting all the ruins on a map

Do you have suggestions or ideas for improvement, post them here and we will them out.

Bonus for visiting all the ruins on a map

Postby Azekial » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:59 am

In Warlords 2 most maps have 4 ruins on them. A hero that can visit a single ruin and get blessed gets a strength bonus.

If a hero can mange to visit all four ruins or all of the ruins on the map and get blessed at all of them could it be possible to give the hero another bonus.
A lesser bonus could be given to units that achieve the same task.

Not sure what either bonus could be any suggestions
Azekial

Re: Bonus for visiting all the ruins on a map

Postby KGB » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:08 pm

I think you meant all the temples, not all the ruins since there are often 40 ruins on a map.

In Warlords 3, blessing was changed so that it happened only once rather than once per temple visited. That meant there could be more than 4 temples without worrying that units were getting blessed 5, 6, 7 times. A small icon when then added to the individual unit icon to indicate that unit was already blessed so players would be able to easily identify which units were blessed and which were not.

I'd much prefer to see the game adopt the Warlords 3 model where a unit only gets blessed once. If you want to have a bonus for visiting more than one temple then I'd suggest doing adding the following things:

1) Break temples into good/evil (warlords 3 did this with different temple icons). Allow good units to bless at good temples and evil units to bless at evil temples (warlords 3 categorized units as good/evil/neutral) and neutral units to bless at either (or create a neutral temple).
2) Instead of a second blessing at another temple giving out another strength bonus instead give out +2 move to that unit.
3) A third blessing (assuming there were 3 temples of your alignment on a map and that seems unlikely) could give a 3rd bonus like maybe doubling that units assassination chance or halving all enemy assassination chances etc. In reality I don't think a 3rd bonus is needed if temples are separated by good/evil/neutral.

KGB
KGB

Re: Bonus for visiting all the ruins on a map

Postby kenc80 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:12 am

meh. call me old-fashioned. I love almost all your ideas KGB but I really loved the concept of random luck (geographical placement) and hard work --- traveling the map being rewarded. just my opinion.
kenc80

Return to Wish list