Suspending Games

Do you have suggestions or ideas for improvement, post them here and we will them out.

Suspending Games

Postby KGB » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:24 pm

While I applaud the new Sitter concept for those going on vacation or business trips I would also like to see the option to suspend a game while a player is away.

Then games could be put on hold while someone is away on vacation/business. I play lots of PBEM games in DLR and as a courtesy players generally inform everyone when they are going to be away for more than a couple of days. No one normally has any problems with this and so I'd like that feature here because often in a well contested game (or if there are eventually ladders) you don't want someone else doing turns for you.

Thinking about this some more it would work as follows:

1) The player who is going to be away would leave a general 'chat' message informing of the dates they would be away.
2) To suspend a game would require the game creator to select the 'suspend game' option. This would give a box that would have check boxes next to each players name. The game creator would check the box next to the player who is going to be away.
3) When the turn reaches the player who is away, the game goes into suspend mode (mark it specially in the games in progress screen on your site. During suspension the turn timer does not increment or expire.
4) All other players would do their turns as normal. So if for example it was player 1 who was going to be away and the turn was at player 2, player 2 could still do his turn. So could player 3-8 (assuming 8 players). Only if the turn gets back to player 1 does the game enters suspend mode.
5) When a player returns they would go to the suspend mode menu and uncheck the box next to their name to resume the game. In the event a player never returns the game creator should have the option to resume the game as well.

KGB
KGB

Re: Suspending Games

Postby piranha » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:46 pm

We will probably add something like this later on.
piranha
Site Admin

Return to Wish list