B5 Scenario Wishes

Do you have suggestions or ideas for improvement, post them here and we will them out.

B5 Scenario Wishes

Postby magian » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:01 pm

I like what I have seen of the scenario creation tools for beta 5, but there are a few additional feature I would love to see.

1)Setting starting gold, capital production and starting armies for each side. E.g. I want to turn one side into a dwarf clan, I can do this by giving them a stack of dwarves, and setting up dwarf production at the capitol.

2)Multiple starting cities (only one capitol) and armies. E.g. I want to make one side an empire in decline, so I set them up with several cities spread across the map, garrisoned by weak units. I want another side to be an orcish horde, so I give them some stacks of orcs scattered around the map.

3)DLR-style, side-specific unit restrictions. E.g. I want the black side to be evil incarnate, so I restrict them from building pegasi, crusaders , archons and elves.

4)Side specific triggers. E.g. If the green side (the Sylvan Lord) controls 3 specific cities he gets some elves as a reward. No other side may receive this reward.

5)Triggers that send messages to the triggering player (to keep them informed of what they should be doing, or explain what just happened).
magian

Re: B5 Scenario Wishes

Postby SnotlinG » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:15 pm

1. Functionality is already there in beta5

2. Functionality is already there in beta5 (you need to give them at least 1 city though, as this is the condition for eliminating a player)

3. Currently not possible

4. Currently not possible

5. Functionality is already there in beta5
SnotlinG

Postby magian » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:41 pm

Well, 3 out of 5 is pretty good. I have a few more wishes though.

6) Different victory condition for each side (or team). E.g. a 'hold the wall' scenario, where one side needs to break through, while the other has to defend.

7)Lopsided teams. E.g. 2 players vs 1, or 2 sides of 3 players and one of 2.
magian

Postby SnotlinG » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:19 am

6. Currently not possible.

7. Functionality is already there in beta5
SnotlinG

Postby Jeremy » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:19 pm

And here's my scenario request. Not sure if it was implemented:

8 - City-specific build restrictions. So we can determine what units can be produced in each specific city. And no, that's not too much work for us dedicated scenario builders. (It was also requested to be able to see what cities can build by EVERYONE from within the game, but I see that only as an optional plus.)

Thanks for considering!
Jeremy

Postby SnotlinG » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:00 pm

Sorry Jeremy, 8 is not included in beta5.
However I will certainly consider it for beta6, where I will be putting some more focus on the mapeditor again :-)
SnotlinG

Return to Wish list