Altered Unit Stats

Do you have suggestions or ideas for improvement, post them here and we will them out.

Altered Unit Stats

Postby Mouf » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:18 am

It would be kinda cool to have the occasional city that produces better units. Maybe it is a city with a warrior tradition and all Heavy Infantry built there have a strength of 4 instead of 3. Or they breed exceptional horses and the Light Cavalry has 26 movement instead of 22. Or the hills nearby have an especially large clan of giants living in them so the city produces Giants in 1 turn instead of 2.
Mouf

Re: Altered Unit Stats

Postby Itangast » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:34 am

I also like the idea of randomness on production units, because it adds a suprise/fun factor to the game.

A slight deviation on STR (+-1)and move (+-2) would be OK, but I dont think turns should be altered due to balancing reasons. (even though I loved the old popular towns in Warlords 1 where you could produce dwarves and wolves in 1 turn.)

Adding medals (+str) to armies from battles is one thing that I think is even greater addition.

Also blessed temples to upgrade your armies is another way...

...why not add all three :roll:
Itangast

Postby Zajoman » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:27 pm

I'd like to see something similar to DLR and W4 sites, where a city can have any number of sites attached to it and its production or other attributes are then altered by those sites. For instance, a stables site gives all units produced in the relevant city +2 movement, a blacksmith site gives units +1 strength, a gold mine site gives +5 income, etc.

A site is a map object, occupies one square, can be razed and rebuilt, does not grant any combat bonus. Typically, only few cities on a map have one site attached, and very few have more than one. Furthermore, via map design sites should be placed simply near the target cities so that it's obvious which city has which site(s) attached without any additional interface work. By adding sites to cities, some cities can be more valuable and players need to think about conquering them early. As sites can be controlled (razed and rebuilt), they add a bit of strategical depth to the game. And... they are nice! :)

Just to be sure I'm well understood, sites are pre defined in a map, not generated at game time or whatever.
Zajoman

Postby Zajoman » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:30 pm

Maybe sites could even be protected by weak neutral units in the beginning of a game and the player would need to defeat them to actually make a site function.
Zajoman

Return to Wish list