Orrwars map discussion

Anything related to creating maps goes here

Orrwars map discussion

Postby slanmaster » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:59 am

Forum wont let me create a topic in the "map feedback" section so i''ll post it here. Mods feel free to move it to the appropriate section.

GoO and FJK teams please give any comments that you have after our first playthrough.

Some changes:
No bridge kingdom in the southeast (Black start). I decided i don't like the idea in practice. An icy path has made the frontier between black and orange more varied.
Southwest start got an alternative route to the mainland.
Desert start got a few roads rearranged.
Some harbors moved.
One "poor" preset city per start area instead of "normal", to make it easier to get started if you're unlucky with defenders&wall on your nearest neutral cites.
Moved some of the "good" preset cities and added one.
Red start has removed some roads to make the expansion westwards slower.
Yellow start got one more city near its start.

Here is the new minimap
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ekqe1188q6lp ... s.jpg?dl=0
slanmaster

Re: Orrwars map discussion

Postby Benis » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:20 am

I think it looks a lot better!

The lack of cities around black that IsoA mentioned (though I would say that in the last edition it was the southeast quarter that lacked cities not specifically black :P) seems to have been adjusted by itself.

I felt my start was a bit delayed by the placement of harbours and the fact that I naturally aimed south, I have already mentioned this to Slanmaster so I assume it is fixed. It felt like production was stymied a bit, especially since IsoA got the good islands offshore from me so I couldn't use them as a portal harbour.

How did everyone else perceive their starts?
Benis

Postby mowhar » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:49 am

I was comfortable with my SW start even before the changes!
But these kind of tweaks should be needed on any new made map, so I welcome the changes.
I dont have any substantial critic of the map to come with, and is looking forward to next game!

Fixing the ruins, so that you dont get landunits on islands without ports was the most important thing to me.
I assume this is included among the new ports...

I
mowhar

Postby KGB » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:53 am

Slanmaster,

You have to submit a map in order to discuss it in the map forum. That way everyone gets a look at the map.

KGB
KGB

Postby slanmaster » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:01 am

I see KGB, thanks for pointing that out! Well I shall submit it soon, just figured a few test games would be in place first since it's my first map.
slanmaster

Return to Map making