Map Setting

Anything related to creating maps goes here

Map Setting

Postby Tim » Thu May 10, 2012 1:21 pm

How does the Map Settings work in the Editor? I make as an example changes to 2:2:2:2 Games so that for example red and teal is Team 1. Now I start such a Game and Iam Teal and with black on my side.
The other thing is that iam not at the Position Teal should be! Whats wrong? The Colours should be on the Position I want them and fixed alliances for the Balancing.

PS: And there are other starting Units too... no Production in the starting Citiy and not the Starting Gold that I want. Nothing! Thats frustrating...;(
Tim

Re: Map Setting

Postby SnotlinG » Thu May 10, 2012 1:54 pm

It sounds like a bug :-(

Which is the map you are working on?
Is it a scenariomap or a standard map?

When you hosted the map, did you pick 2:2:2:2 in the setup?
Whats the name of your testgame?
SnotlinG

Postby SnotlinG » Thu May 10, 2012 2:16 pm

I think I have found and fixed the bug. Please try again and let me know how it goes...
SnotlinG

Postby Tim » Thu May 10, 2012 4:17 pm

The Name is All for Two and it was the MidgardScenario Map. I take 2:2:2:2 in the setup... i test again. :)

Whats wrong. I dont have black as alliance partner. Is it wrong to choose 2:2:2:2? Starting Position, Gold and Units are correct now.
Tim

Postby SnotlinG » Thu May 10, 2012 9:55 pm

I tried to host your map and create a 2:2:2:2 game now.
All players got spawned on their expected startinglocations (i.e. green player on green slot etc) keeping your pre-set production and starting units. As far as I can tell it is working properly now, do you still see some issues?
Let me know how to replicate in that case, thanks!
SnotlinG

Postby Tim » Fri May 11, 2012 10:22 am

Yes mostly its correct now. :) But I mean this... in the control map settings in the editor i can choose for eample 2:2:2:2 and then i took teal and read for team 1 and so on. But when i start such a game it isnt so. So want gies wrong?
Tim

Postby SnotlinG » Fri May 11, 2012 1:12 pm

Ah you are right, the functionality from scenario are colliding a bit with the standardmap here :-(

To achive what you want you must currently use the "scenario" playersetup. Then you can specify exactly what colors/teams you want for the map.

If you take a pre-set teamsetup, like 2:2:2 or 3:3 for a standard map you then decide which startingpositions (colors) should be available per team, but since this is a scenariomap you will get exactly the same color/startposition as you choose as is specified in the mapeditor. (makes sense?)
Im not sure how to make a good solution for this, as you have the option "Random team" in the dropdown also - how would this be represented in the gamelobby? Its a bit tricky. Maybe the better solution would be to remove the "Random team" option from the dropdown of all teamsetups for scenariomaps, so that you must specify exact teams, then I think they could be better represented in the gamelobby when hosting scenariomaps.

Ill think a bit about this :-)
But for now, please use the "scenario" playersetup if you like to have a specific 2v2v2v2 scenariogame
SnotlinG

Return to Map making