Adding some functions in "control map settings"

Anything related to creating maps goes here

Adding some functions in "control map settings"

Postby Negern » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:16 am

Is it possible to bann units from all cities in the game from one menu? It's very time consuming to open up every city and click which units to bann.

Also, would it be possible to number the grids? It would make things easier, when trying to measure distances between cities etc.

And finally, how does one choose which productions and defenders a city will have?

The one who answers first will get the honor of test playing my map! :lol:
Negern

Re: Adding some functions in "control map settings"

Postby LPhillips » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:28 pm

Negern,

I'd also like to see some more advanced controls for unit availability, both in production and otherwise (a single ally offer can invalidate map design currently).

As for the others:

Numbered grid already exists.

Productions and defenders require setting the advanced city options, in other words no "Poor/Normal/Good/Powerful" defaults.

Best of luck creating your map!
LPhillips

Re: Adding some functions in "control map settings"

Postby KGB » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Negern,

Just to add to what LPhillips wrote:

Numbered Grids: In the map editor under the Options menu on the right side, the first 2 buttons are Grid and Numbers. I *always* click those during map design. It immediately overlays a grid plus numbered co-ordinates on the map you are creating.

Choosing Production: When you open the city menu use the City Settings drop down (right side) and select Detailed City Standard. Some new menus will appear. In the City Production drop down select Detailed Production. You can now manually select which units the city produces. The RIGHT MOST of those 4 is the default defender (it mentions this) so you can have a Dragon City guarded by a Crow if you wish.

KGB
KGB

Return to Map making