Posted new version of a map...

Anything related to creating maps goes here

Posted new version of a map...

Postby Negern » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:14 pm

... and removed the old version. Still, it's only the old version that can be chosen when creating new games. The new is nowhere to be seen, except for in the "my maps"-slot.
Will it change automatically in time, or are there some reason behind it not changing?
Negern

Re: Posted new version of a map...

Postby SnotlinG » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:59 pm

It needs to be approved by the moderators - which doesnt exist yet unfortunately - so thats why it took a little bit of time. Map has been approved now :-)
SnotlinG

Postby Jeremy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:31 am

It would be super-duper awesome if people could update their own maps. Once you've approved the initial map, we could push updates on our own.
Jeremy

Postby LPhillips » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:02 pm

Jeremy wrote:It would be super-duper awesome if people could update their own maps. Once you've approved the initial map, we could push updates on our own.

I think there was some mention of getting players involved in the approval of maps soon. This should take some of the load off our developers and make things happen quickly without occupying too much of their time. It still might be necessary to keep some restraint on things, as map changes can be literally anything. I'm not to worried about it personally, but someone might (for example) update their map with obscenity scrawled across it and/or crude images mapped into it.The developers and anyone they put in charge of map approval would be responsible for hosting/approving the content of maps to some degree.
LPhillips

Return to Map making