Poor, normal, good and powerful - are these settings enough?

Anything related to creating maps goes here

Poor, normal, good and powerful - are these settings enough?

Postby Negern » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:25 pm

I get the feeling that "good" ranges from good two turners such as the crusader and the ram to good three turners like the elemental, sandworm and catapult. "Normal" ranges from normal one turners to normal two turners. "Poor" has very few units. "Powerful" can be both archon and grand archon.

Would it be better to add a setting or two? Example: crusader could be "good", pegasi "good+", dragon "powerful" - so there would be one setting for each of the same type.

Maybe add a list to the "detailed settings-menu" that says which units belong to which settings? Or just use the gold range as name. "200-400" = "normal" Or "normal (200-400)".
Negern

Re: Poor, normal, good and powerful - are these settings enough?

Postby KGB » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Negern,

Poor = Scout/Bat/Lt Inf
Normal = everything after Lt Inf up to the Ram. In other words it includes all the 2 turn terrain specialization units like Giant, Wolfrider, Serpent, Ram, Hv Calv.
Good = Scorpion-Sandworm which are the good fighting units.
Powerful = Unicorn-RD which is the range of good bonus units.

I think these ranges are OK as only Powerful has a truly wide diversity of units in terms of gold value. Very few cities should be powerful and those that are ideally have extra defenders in them. The only question is whether Devil/Grand Archon/RD should be excluded from Powerful and be forced to be manually placed.

KGB
KGB

Postby Negern » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:48 am

KGB wrote:I think these ranges are OK as only Powerful has a truly wide diversity of units in terms of gold value. Very few cities should be powerful and those that are ideally have extra defenders in them. The only question is whether Devil/Grand Archon/RD should be excluded from Powerful and be forced to be manually placed.

KGB

Thanks for the info. It makes more sense now.

wasn't it like that before, that at least rd's couldn't come as productions in random cities?
Negern

Postby KGB » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:44 am

Negern,

Random cities means truly random. You can get anything from a Crow to a RD. I would not leave any city on Random.

KGB
KGB

Postby Negern » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:40 pm

KGB wrote:Negern,

Random cities means truly random. You can get anything from a Crow to a RD. I would not leave any city on Random.

KGB

Me neither, but that wasn't the point. :)

Wasn't it like that before, that dragons couldn't be productions if they weren't set as productions?
Negern

Return to Map making