Hidden Maps

Anything related to creating maps goes here

Hidden Maps

Postby zorro » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:15 am

There are beautiful maps here, but most of them are of the pseudo-real kind. On a competetive level some might blame losses on a badly balanced map and bad luck. So I thought its time to make some maps where players play under conditions as similar to each other as possible. There you can get your but kicked and not blame it on said things anymore :P

Later I found out I cant submit them, so they are there, but not here ... simply hidden.

Here are some Screenies, so if you can help promote my already submitted maps to official I could get a chance to submit these:
Attachments
Okto_pre01.jpg
All cities on these maps have names and the sides get equal fortification, income and production.
Okto_pre01.jpg (62.56 KiB) Viewed 3034 times
Garden_pre01.jpg
Everything is mirrored as good as possible.
Garden_pre01.jpg (101.48 KiB) Viewed 3034 times
666_pre01.jpg
KGB asked for this one, made a similar map for DLR once.
666_pre01.jpg (75.73 KiB) Viewed 3034 times
zorro

Re: Hidden Maps

Postby KGB » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Zorro,

I'd vote to see these added to the maps list.

I see one of them is the original DLR Hexagon map you made. Glad you took the time to do that one as it is better than your new Hexagon map IMHO simply because of the water dividing the slices so that boats play more of a factor and the center of the map is more key.

The Octagon is a natural extension of that idea so it too is a good map.

Not sure if you know this but in Beta4 map sizes will increase/decrease in multiples of 50. So you can create 50x50, 100x100, 150x150, 100x150 etc. 50x150 etc. So the Hexagon/Octagon map should benefit from that nicely allowing the original DLR sizes on a 150x150 map. Plus there will be some sites added in Beta4 like gold sites and towers will be possible to add to maps etc. Thus you may want to save these maps till Beta4 and touch them up with the new features and terrain types.

KGB
KGB

Return to Map making