Neutral units in cities

Anything related to creating maps goes here

Neutral units in cities

Postby LichKing » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:40 am

I want to place units in neutral cities to improve defenses. I have a couple of questions:

1. If a town has multiple production, is the unit produced a random one, or always the strongest?

2. What happens if I put units in upper-left corner of the town, where normally appears the unit produced by that town? For example, a town produces Spiders, and in the game a spider appears in the upper-left corner. I add 2 orcs just below the square where the spider would appear, and I'd have a town defended by 1 spider+ 2 orcs. But what happens if I put the orcs where the spider would appear? Will the spider be produced anyway or I'll have only two orcs in the game, defending the town?
LichKing

Re: Neutral units in cities

Postby SnotlinG » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:47 pm

1. Always the strongest unit.

2. if you put < 8 units in the top left corner, the City´s strongest production unit will be placed there also. Which one is visible depends on the default fightorder. If you put 8 units in the top left corner, the citys strongest unit won´t be placed there from start. Example; say 8 scouts in a city with dragon production, then the city will be spawned at gamestart with 8 scouts and no dragon...
SnotlinG

Return to Map making