Hadesha

Anything related to creating maps goes here

Re: Hadesha

Postby kenc80 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:14 pm

Eh KGB, actually I have an old port that Wooger made that works right out of Win7 but it doesnt have any sound or scenarios beyond Hadesha, Erythrea and a few boring others so I have been trying to get yours to work. I actually do like Hadesha for the record, unless I start in the southwest..then game over.

So I got it mounted and couldnt get farther than that. Couldnt get dosbox to run the file once the folder mounted. Even when I checked with dir the directory looked weird and only said it held 3 files none of which were warlord2 (the executable). I did get the sound installer to work. I think Sound Blaster 16 still works as a default. Anyways, couldnt get it going so will try later. It may be of value to work through this in the forums so others can see my mistakes but if you want to msg me solutions thats fine too.

Got any thoughts? Thanks for the help,

KenC

PS I checked the forums over at your place and didnt see any tips but I could swear there is a dosbox/loading readme somewhere over at warlorders
kenc80

Postby KGB » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:18 pm

Kenc80,

Which download did you grab?

The one I just tested is Warlords2 Version 1.02. That one when unrar'ed gives out all the files. Once you mount that in DosBox it definitely shows all the files when you do a dir.

I have not tried the Deluxe which may or may not be Deluxe as I have never used/tried that.

KGB
KGB

Postby kenc80 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:47 am

Ok I figured out my problem and got it mounted correctly (I had left it in a subdirectory instead of bringing them up directly to the folder i mounted.

i have the sound working and now ive run into the problem of the disappearing mouse. (running win7)

strange. so im stumped here....
kenc80

Postby KGB » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:07 am

Kenc80,

I can't help you there. I am running XP and I've never had the mouse disappear.

Are you running full screen mode or windowed when it happens? If you hit ESC or some other key combo the mouse jumps back to the Windows desktop and leaves Dosbox. Are you sure that's not what's happening? If that's not your problem I suggest you check the Dosbox forums because that's where the answer is going to be.

KGB
KGB

Previous

Return to Map making