Scenario map

Anything related to creating maps goes here

Scenario map

Postby ChickenChaser » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:27 pm

I'm having trouble adding retinues in unclaimed lands. I'm making it into a scenario map, and started adding retinues, but now it will only allow me to place neutral units. Also i was recently unable to select this map while trying to play melee against the ai. "my maps" was not an option while trying to start a scenario melee. I has just tried the map out before the most recent update.
ChickenChaser

Re: Scenario map

Postby hatchfactory » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:54 am

Before whatever server bug loop of doom started killing off Chickenchasers account we wanted to try out some of his scenario changes. The game was listed but amount of players joined was always off. He tried several different setups but nothing has seemed to work. I guess this will have to wait until after that speed game bug and his account get fixed.
hatchfactory

Postby ChickenChaser » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:31 am

I got the retinue units to work. I had to change the map to standard and back to scenario, and the unit placing button reset or something. All the retinue units that had been placed turned into neutrals and I had to replace them, but it seems to work. I couldn't get the unclaimed lands to launch. The scenario has three teams, one blessed AI team built into the scenario, and two other teams that can be chosen at the start of the game. For a test game, four human players have filled the two teams, and the remaining blessed AI team is already filled. The game will not start. A message pops up saying "the player slots must be filled before you click start." Am I doing something wrong?
ChickenChaser

Postby piranha » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:28 pm

I saw your game and found a bug. If you try to host it again it should start. I sent a private mess about it too.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby hatchfactory » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:05 am

Thanks, hosted and played successfully. Sorry to keep you so busy.
hatchfactory

Postby ChickenChaser » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:32 am

I have been trying to add triggers to my scenario map. Is there a limit to how many triggers can be added? I tried to set up a quest for each player with about four triggers each as well as five triggers that were independent of the others. I saved the map. The pop up window said the map was saved each time as a newer draft, but when I finalized the map and started the game, I found that all my work was gone, and the map had really never saved all the new triggers I had added. It saved five triggers, but when I try to do one beyond that, the map will not save correctly. Could it be a type of trigger that I am attempting to make, or just the number of triggers?
ChickenChaser

Postby SnotlinG » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:25 pm

This should be working since some time back.
Please let me know if you face this issue again...
SnotlinG

Postby ChickenChaser » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:26 pm

I have put more work into Unclaimed lands scenario, and just finished a test run. A couple of issues I am having are:

Upon completion of a trigger, the infopopup with custom text comes up blank. I'm sure that I had entered text in the box. The next trigger works, but someone playing the map for the first time would not get the instruction that the infopopup provides. I have gone over all the triggers in the map. I am running a test game now, and will let you know of any problems that arise. I am attempting to chain several triggers for each player to give him a quest.

Another issue is that after holding a triggered city for the set amount of turns, the item did not show up on the prescribed turn. Each turn the beacon would say one turn left. This was strange because I had the trigger working and hadn't made any changes.

For occupying an enemy capital, three spiders was supposed to be the reward. It took several turns to get to the capital, and upon occupation, the infopopup would activate, but no units would appear. This puzzled me for a while, then I realized that the AI must have eliminated those inactive neutrals lurking near their capital that were to be the reward. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I have moved them farther away from the city and diminished the view of the city. This next game should give me feedback on this issue.

Thanks
C.C.
ChickenChaser

Postby ChickenChaser » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:20 pm

About the blank infopopups, I am thinking that an error might be related to the text I used to in some of the infopopups. After making one chain of triggers, I copied and pasted instructions onto the infopopups, and I wondered if that could cause a problem. So far only about a third of the triggers are showing any text.
ChickenChaser

Postby SnotlinG » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:30 am

What is the gameID of your testgame? I can then check it.
I suspect its a bug with linebreaks in the triggerpopups, but would like to verify this in your testgame :-)
Also, which city/trigger is the hold city for X turns that was problematic?
SnotlinG

Next

Return to Map making