Scenario map

Anything related to creating maps goes here

Re: Scenario map

Postby ChickenChaser » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:47 pm

The game id is 10291, the middle city "Abundancia" is the 5 turn trigger city. The game is almost over. I could start another if it would help. Thanks.
C.C.
ChickenChaser

Postby SnotlinG » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:20 pm

Sorry for the late reply, but busy with lots of stuff :-)

I have updated the code a bit, so if you try to make a new Finalized version of your map, I think the trigger popup-text should work better.
Also I checked the holdlocation and cant find anything strange there (but the code is not so well tested though). But you must have a unit on the exact coordinat that you should hold (even if it is a city you need to stand on that speficic coord then)

Could you try to finalize and test it again, and let me know when you get to the hold location part. I have added some more logging also to try to find the issue.
SnotlinG

Postby ChickenChaser » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:08 pm

I didn't realize I had to hold the exact location, and most likely didn't have a unit on the right coordinates, just the city itself. I have started a new test game #10523. I haven't changed anything, just re- finalized the map. I will post as game progresses.
ChickenChaser

Postby ChickenChaser » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:42 pm

It looks like I am having the same results as far as infopopups go. I have decided to re enter the triggers. As I started, I ran into the same saving problem that I had earlier.
ChickenChaser

Postby LPhillips » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:44 am

Sometimes certain characters, like apostrophes, don't mix well with the code. Did you check for conflicts like that?
LPhillips

Postby ChickenChaser » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:45 am

I re entered all the triggers, and now they all seem to work. The reward also works holding the city for 5 turns if I am in the right coordinate. It is hard to use neutral armies as a reward because it is difficult to place them on the map that the AI will not attack them. Is there a way that units can be spawned on the map without having to sit there as neutrals until the trigger is activated?
ChickenChaser

Postby SnotlinG » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:00 am

So I understand both the trigger textpopups as well as hold-the location works now?
Maybe I should add a version of hold location that works for a city and not only for 1 coordinate.

Unfortunately it is not possible to add new units via a trigger currently. But it is something I want to add (So you can create scenarios where the AI gets more and more new units spawned ;-))

What you can do right now as a workaround I guess is to place units:
- far away from the AI and hope for the best :-)
- create an Neutral Active city, that way it should be able to defend itself/rebuild the units for a while
- Only place neutral flyers on Mountain terrain or on Water which you cannot reach via Anchors, then they should be reasonable safe from the AI
SnotlinG

Postby ChickenChaser » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:21 am

Yes, the info popups work as well as the hold a city. I think I had some characters like apostrophes that the code didn't like as was previously pointed out to me (thanks, by the way). I have submitted the map with the main triggers working. I have set up an identical "quest" for each player consisting of four triggers each. I moved the hold city trigger to where new units are produced to make it easier to make it work. I deleted the triggers that tried to reward dead neutral armies killed previously buy the Ai. I will work on further changes, but for now, it is a working scenario. Thanks for the help. Let me know what you think.
ChickenChaser

Postby SnotlinG » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:34 am

Nice, let me know if you host it, I would like to try :-)
SnotlinG

Postby ChickenChaser » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:49 am

I just started a game "first run" open to anyone.
ChickenChaser

PreviousNext

Return to Map making