RT rules.

Find other speed players

RT rules.

Postby szymraszyn » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:28 pm

Hi,
There are some more important things that you must know before playing real time games.
Part 1
1 DO THE MOST IMPORTANT MOVES FIRST AND AS FAST AS YOU CAN don't let your opponent prepare for your critical attack. If you have hero alone return him to city as fast as possible
2 NEVER LEFT YOUR CITIES EMPTY. Of course you can do it in firsts turns but later enemy can sneak next to your armies and raze it. It usually happends on small maps and when you move your armies out of city to attack other player.
[quote][/quote]
Last edited by szymraszyn on Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
szymraszyn

Re: RT rules.

Postby szymraszyn » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:44 pm

Part 2
3 IF YOU CAN'T ATTACK CITY AT THE BEGINING OF TURN BE PATIENT AND WAIT FOR THE OPPORTUNITY. You do your turns in the same time so wait to the moment when he will for example go to temple.
4 WHEN YOU PLUNDER CITY BUY PRODUCTION AT THE END OF TUE TURN, RAISE CITY WALLS AT THE BEGINING . Your enemy can attack it and you will buy him a production. If you raise city walls early they can proteckt you from enemy
szymraszyn

Postby szymraszyn » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:28 pm

PARTY 3
5 USE YOUR TIME WISELY. In RT you have 3.50min + 10s per turn. Try to use almost all the time. It is very bad when you are playing to slow to do your turn in time, it is ok to finish 30s before end.
6 IN FREEZE MODE LOOK OUT OF THE WINDOW OR DRINK SOMETHING. It is important to have a break, to let yours eyes rest :) . My longest RT game took 3h and I was having much breaks ( I even had time to walk my dog because in last stages of game I didn't have much units but I had much time).
That is all. Give feedback, you can also add something there, say if it helped you.
szymraszyn

Postby KGB » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:04 pm

Maybe the most important rule is:
7) Use the "Move All" button wisely. This button lets you move all your armies with movement paths with 1 click rather than moving them all individually. You can plot multi turn moves with multiple stacks. Then use this button and all those stacks move with a single click. If you do it right, you can hit "Move All" at the end of your turn and then again at the very beginning of the next turn to 'double move' multiple stacks past enemy stacks/cities and directly hit cities they think are out of your range. It also moves more stacks than they can manually keep up with if they are moving 1 stack at a time.

Just be VERY careful not to have movement paths on other stacks you don't want to move because they too will move.

KGB
KGB

Postby fantastory » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:06 pm

11 play StarCraft if you want real-time. Timing enemy in turn game seems quite lame...
fantastory

Postby szymraszyn » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:38 am

Button move all works only for gold users, so I've never used it. It is possible that after this season I will get some credits and buy gold account, so I will try "move all". I think that if you set all paths durning freeze mode and click this button before opponent, you will get huge advance
szymraszyn

Return to Speed games