Mapeditor teaser

News on the site

Re: Mapeditor teaser

Postby KGB » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:00 pm

LPhillips.

The Red Roof Inn is where your heroes can sleep safe from harm :) ( For non-US players missing the joke http://www.redroof.com/)

If you read carefully, Snotling already said above it's a UL temple. He didn't say how much it provides but I hope it's at least +3 otherwise it won't be worth visiting.

Shipwrecks don't have to be underwater like the Titanic (think the Cruise liner that just ran around in the Mediterranean). I would prefer they can only be placed on shore line for realism since there is no real way to go into deep water to search.

I like the idea you can specify exactly what units a side gets. This will allow creating DLR like game environments where players had a limited subset of units they could use. Ideally eventually the game will evolve to where players can pick their subset spending X amount of points on a unit from an overall total to select which ones they will be able to use.

KGB
KGB

Postby LichKing » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:57 pm

A quick question: I see that 'scenario' is separated from 1v1 etc.. What does that mean? That you can have either the 'scenario mode' (with unit restrictions etc.) or a normal mode where you can set starting cities depending on the number of players?

A scenario could also be played by different numbers of players. If you need to play in 'scenario mode' to have restrictions on units, then it would be the most used, and it makes little sense if you cannot set starting cities depending on the number of players in this mode.. Moreover a scenario needs it far more than other game modes to really stick to a theme, independently from the number of players. I hope I'm wrong :)

If the chosen settings for the various modes (1v1, 2v2 etc) would apply at the same time also in the scenario mode, then it wouldn't be a problem. So scenario mode would be an additional set of features that are enabled if this mode is selected, but that doesn't exclude all others.
LichKing

Postby SnotlinG » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:14 am

If you create a scenario-map, all scenario-features are enabled regardless if you set it up as 1v1 or 2v2 or "scenario". Most likely "scenario" teammode is the one that will be used for a scenariomap though.
The main idea of the scenario-teammode is if you want to create a scenario with specific teamsetup, say 3v2v1v1v1 for example, noone of the other teammodes ca set that up....
We are still struggling a bit with the hosting of scenario atm, so this might be changed :-)
SnotlinG

Previous

Return to News