Version 0.8 mapeditor

News on the site

Version 0.8 mapeditor

Postby piranha » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:52 pm

We have launched the version 0.8 map editor now.
As usual all maps needs to be loaded and saved in it to work in Warbarons 0.8 since we
are updating the save structure when we add new things.

Version 0.8 will hopefully launch later this week or next week.

When you load your map take a look at the map settings to
make your map work for teams, FFA and so on.

New features in ver 0.8 are:

Map Editor
---------
New hosting options to control setup for each game setting.
Some new triggers and better options to edit triggers.
Ability to copy and paste map sections.
New temple giving 1 undead lore to visitors.

Game client
-----------
Unit balancing
3 new heroes
Inspect army stats page
Real time in game chat
Real time check if a player is in the game making the border around the shield green.

Community
---------
Mail system updated, can write to teams, better history.
Team abbrevations
Updated hosting for 0.8 maps
Ladder season system
New settings system.

Gold features
-------------
Battle calculator
Quick fight order
Notepad

Page to use PayPal to buy credits.
Page to use credits to buy premium membership.
piranha
Site Admin

Re: Version 0.8 mapeditor

Postby Moonknight » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:29 pm

Can't wait, some huge items you've listed!

Question about 'New temple giving 1 undead lore to visitors', is that for heroes only, heroes and units who currently provide UL aid, or all units? So any group of 7 units with a hero, and that hero would then get +8 UL?

I assume there will be more posts on the unit balancing and the 3 new heroes!
Moonknight

Postby ChickenChaser » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:36 pm

I like what you\'ve done with the trigger system. It looks much more user friendly. :-)
ChickenChaser

Postby SnotlinG » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:38 pm

MoonKnight; it gives +1 UL to all units visiting, so for example moving there with a crow will turn the crow into an aid when searching ruins.

ChickenChaser; Yes the first version wasnt very userfriendly :-)
SnotlinG

Postby KGB » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:53 pm

That UL temple will be quite useful and handy.

On the other hand I think the Battle Calculator is a bad bad idea for all the reasons I've described in another thread. Making it available to Gold Users only makes it even worse :(

KGB
KGB

Postby Moonknight » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:35 pm

I agree with KBG on the battle calculator...
Moonknight

Postby LPhillips » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:17 am

For what it's worth, I'm in complete agreement with KGB and Moonknight.

We ought to try and suggest an alternate feature for Gold Members, as it seems the aim is to provide some worthwhile perks. Anyone have something they'd prefer to see there?
LPhillips

Postby bengute » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:52 am

I also agree that having one section of the community have such an obvious advantage is bad

My question is how much the gold membership going to cost? And is there going to be a free way to earn credits.

A few ideas for gold members:

- Early access to the next version of warbarons-especially map editor
- Their own section of the forums
- Private chat for Gold members
- Snapshot of last 5 finished games, they can back and look at opponents troop positions and city production, along with hero stats, etc.
bengute

Postby KGB » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:10 pm

Gold (and Silver) Members:

1) Ability to play in more Human player games: Free - Limit of 5, Silver - Limit of 15, Gold - Unlimited.
2) Ability to play in more AI only games: Free - Limit of 1, Silver/Gold - Unlimited
3) Ability to create/save more maps. Free - Limit of 2 maps, Silver - Limit of 10 maps, Gold - Unlimited.
4) Faster turn around time in AI games. Free - Minimum 2 minute wait between turns, Silver/Gold - As soon as possible.
5) More/Better User Interface features. Examples include: (A) A 'move all' button that moves all units that have a movement path defined (Useful on larger maps with lots of armies and will be critical in Simultaneous play when you have limited time). (B) The vector screen that shows how many turns units have been in transit can show ? for free users and the actual number of turns as it does now for gold/silver users. (C) Individual stack fight ordering by manually re-arranging the stack for gold/silver users while free ones must use the big fight order menu. (D) The production buy screen can show more info on a unit for Gold/Silver users. For Free users they will get basic stats like strength/hits/move/cost but will need to refer to the Warpedia for everything else like the individual bonus's/terrain bonus's etc.

Lots of ideas for #5 are possible to aid Silver/Gold players in doing their turn than free users will simply require more time/menu's/manual tracking to accomplish the same thing.

KGB
KGB

Postby strach » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:42 pm

I don't think it's wise to give gold users any advantage in the game. the next step will be: gold users - additional red dragon at the first turn. I think gold users should get easier acess to different features of the game, and their voice in discussions about the shape of the game should be taken into consideration more extensively (than regular players). but giving them more chances in the game converts WB into a regular browser game. but of course it's your call, and I am very thankful that I could have played Wabraons for last year. but if the game will go in the direction of selling items or in-game benefits for real money, I'll stop playing it

as I said in previous posts - battle caluclator is a huge advantage for its owner in any case (KGB is totally wrong on this - the more the whole system gets obscure and complicated, the more BC is helpful) that's why everyone should have it.
strach

Next

Return to News