Version 0.8 at last

News on the site

Version 0.8 at last

Postby piranha » Fri May 04, 2012 7:49 pm

We just launched version 0.8.

If you looked at the new page where you buy premium features or tested version 0.8 already you will need to clear your cache, or press F5 to refresh the cache.

New stuff
- Added new UL temple
- Added new ruin - shipwreck
- Updated layout for building popups (making it easier to find the Tower upgrade stuff)
- Updated layout for ally army popups
- Added AI hero leveling
- AI can now activate turn triggers
- Possibility for mapcreators to controll team starting positions for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 2v2v2, 2v2v2v2, FFA and scenario-mode.
- Construction added as Hero ability, higher levels make it possible to build Towers/cities at discount.
- Added gamenotes for Gold account members
- when teammate takes surrender, his cities and buildings will be randomly distributed to the team that is left.
Citywall and townhall will be decreased by 1 level.
- Added SAVE AS to the mapeditor
- Added option to share your map
- Added Grant vision and Spawn unit as new trigger rewards in the Mapeditor.
- Possible to edit triggers in mapeditor
-> Added new Select and Paste functions in mapeditor
-> units of same type with lower move left will always fight before same type of units with higher move left.
-> diffrent selectbox if all units are selected or not all (to help identify to not move with only1 unit)
-> autopopup Inspect hero when Item is found as reward
-> Inspect hero screen now displays ruin status with color + onmouseover
-> minifightorder button
-> Possible to send gold when it is not your turn
-> See amount of gold of teammates in send res window
- teammate surrender, Units and cities dies not turn to neutral. Buildings + level1 armies placed in city is transfered to teammates. lvl 2+ armies are disbanded
- reworked outofsync functionality to work better
- game now remembers grouping status for stacks betweem turns even if the group hasnt been moved.
- possible to attack enemies via tiles that are populated by teammates units or crowded by your own units.
- units of same type is ordered (and fight) depending on which one has least move left that turn.
- new hero ability: Construction
- New shortkeys 1-8 for adding/removing units from your stack
- diplomacy screen now shows current status of WAR/NAP on mouseover when you have a new pending request (also shows Eliminated for eliminated players)
- When setting up new portals, shows cities that are already accepting the max number as "ruins" in the portal minimap.
- extratime when ending your turn early is saved for next turn.
- 3 new heroes with new art.
- new terrain images that are our own (thanks to kickstarter pledges)
- System for credits used to buy premium account and heroes and extra time.
- PayPal integration
- Further balancing of units.
- Real time in game chat
- Real time notification when other players in the game are there (green border around shield)
- Many many bugs that have been fixed

Enjoy.
piranha
Site Admin

Re: Version 0.8 at last

Postby KGB » Fri May 04, 2012 9:19 pm

Piranha,

What a list! This is a huge update in functionality and really takes the game forward.

These features are especially welcome due to their time saving:

- game now remembers grouping status for stacks betweem turns even if the group hasnt been moved.
- units of same type with lower move left will always fight before same type of units with higher move left.
- When setting up new portals, shows cities that are already accepting the max number as "ruins" in the portal minimap.

These game features I am looking forward to:

- possible to attack enemies via tiles that are populated by teammates units or crowded by your own units.- Construction added as Hero ability, higher levels make it possible to build Towers/cities at discount.
- teammate surrender, Units and cities dies not turn to neutral. Buildings + level1 armies placed in city is transfered to teammates. lvl 2+ armies are disbanded
- Possibility for mapcreators to controll team starting positions for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 2v2v2, 2v2v2v2, FFA and scenario-mode.

Thanks again to you and SnotlinG for all your work.

Time to get my Bullrun map updated for 0.8

KGB
KGB

Postby Moonknight » Fri May 04, 2012 10:01 pm

Yes, great work! fantastic!

And the new hero art is awesome!
Moonknight

Postby Chazar » Sat May 05, 2012 7:51 am

Awesome! None of this affects ongoing games, or does it? E.g. can I pay with my credit for holiday away time in games that were started 2 weeks ago?
Chazar

Postby SnotlinG » Sat May 05, 2012 10:05 am

All changes only takes effect from games started from yesterday.

Also fixed a bug with ruins with specified undead/allies/rewards. Map Central Sahara has been re-finalized and is now again available as a laddermap
SnotlinG

Postby LPhillips » Sun May 06, 2012 11:32 pm

Loving the new version guys! Trying to adjust to not suiciding Barbarians when using them :)

Can someone describe what the movement counter looks like without the gold membership? Or shoot a screenshot? Thanks!
LPhillips

Postby Maze » Mon May 07, 2012 12:01 am

Hi LPhillips, the movement counter "looks" the same as it used to, but showing "0" value for all steps that cannot be made this turn. E.g. "14" is shown as "14" but "3(1)" is shown as "0". So you can only see the steps of this turn, rest = 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.
Maze

Postby vallarphoros » Mon May 07, 2012 12:22 am

Great Job with the new version,

It's obvious that a huge amount of time has been spent developing the game. For anyone who thinks the pricing is a problem, try developing a game yourself so that you can see how much work is involved. This is a professional quality product and you get what you pay for.

Maze wrote:Hi LPhillips, the movement counter "looks" the same as it used to, but showing "0" value for all steps that cannot be made this turn. E.g. "14" is shown as "14" but "3(1)" is shown as "0". So you can only see the steps of this turn, rest = 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.

It might be a good idea to put "X's" for moves in upcoming turns. Using "0's" (zero's) can be confusing, does the first zero mean that you get to that hex with the final moves of your current turn? or is that the first hex of your next turn?

VP
vallarphoros

Postby LPhillips » Mon May 07, 2012 2:22 am

vallarphoros wrote:It might be a good idea to put "X's" for moves in upcoming turns. Using "0's" (zero's) can be confusing, does the first zero mean that you get to that hex with the final moves of your current turn? or is that the first hex of your next turn?

VP

This seems like a good solution to the problem that is being discussed in the "Main chat".
LPhillips

Postby AtomicDustmen » Mon May 07, 2012 3:13 am

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to bring up a few issues that I and a few others have brought up in the main chat. First off, I do recognize the amount of time and work that has been put into this game and its updates and give many thanks to all those involved. With VERY few people still playing Warlords DLR (the greatest game ever!), I have been looking for a game similar in play and Warbarons comes very close to it. I thank KGB for pointing it out to me. I do also feel that this is a quality product that has been developed and that some form of monetary return should be involved to those who made this game the way it is now, however, I do feel that the amount that is being asked is a bit high.

Back in the day I used to spend (incredibly) 80 dollars Canadian on Sega Master System and Genesis games. Today, there are VERY few games that cost more then 50 dollars Canadian brand new, but in order for me to get gold status in Warbarons you are asking that I need to spend 40 Euros (53 Canadian) to play this game, and for only one year!?! At which point I then have to spend another 40 Euros!?!? And that is not even with the new heroes involved?!? Now, I understand that anyone can still play without the Gold Status, however, people with Gold Status now have an advantage. Seeing the number of moves/turns that a stack or stacks have remaining in order to get to a specific point compared to others having to count them out manually with possible error involved is a definite advantage.

Also, limiting the number of simultaneous games to 3 is a bit low. I typically have 10-12 games going on at once, but now I can only have 3? I might as well go back to playing DLR pbem. This also gives a definite advantage to anyone with Silver or Gold Status in winning the ladder as playing only 3 games at a time surely won\'t enable a person to win the ladder. Now, I understand that the purpose is to get people to buy the Silver or Gold memberships, and to be honest, maybe eventually I will. I don\'t know. I currently have about 12 games going on so it will probably be a while before I can even play a game with the updates. I tend to play medium to large sized maps as I find them more enjoyable. Can the limit not be raised slightly from 3? Also, if the new heroes are found to be better then the current three, that is an added advantage. If one of the new heroes is better suited for a certain map and one player has that hero and the other doesn\'t, is that not an advantage?

I hope my comments are not taken as complaints as that is not my intention. As I said, I might end up paying the money to play, but I probably won\'t decide until I have actually been able to play a few games with the new updates.

Thanks,
Atomic Dustmen
AtomicDustmen

Next

Return to News