version 0.9 mapeditor

News on the site

version 0.9 mapeditor

Postby piranha » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:41 pm

I've updated the link to the mapeditor to load the new version 0.9 of the mapeditor today.

All maps from earlier versions will need to be loaded and saved in the new 0.9 format since most terrains has changed.
We haven't updated the link to list maps so you can't see the submitted 0.9 maps yet. It will change in a couple of days to list 0.9 maps instead of 0.8.

We will send a mail to all map makers in a day or so to remind them about updating their maps for the new version.
Maps that haven't been updated to 0.9 in a few weeks will be updated by us.

There are some pretty fun maps that haven't been updated to new versions of the game because the creator stopped playing Warbarons. We will try bring them to this version and open them for anyone to continue work on. For example Pillagers Westeros map would be fun to see updated.

Before you spend hours on you new masterpiece try to create a basic map and save / load it to make sure there are no undiscovered bugs that could stop you.

One more thing. The new river terrain needs to be painted on other terrain, if other terrain is painted after the borders will cover the river bank. You can always repaint the river again to make it look right.
piranha
Site Admin

Re: version 0.9 mapeditor

Postby kenc80 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:42 pm

awesome! Bring back WSI too! I loved that map!
kenc80

Postby garvisus » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:55 pm

Nice to see the new digs for the map editor. I'm glad all of the heroes are in there and the new items should make the games more interesting.

Thanks,
garvisus
garvisus

Postby garvisus » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:46 pm

Question,

Can ships travel on rivers and if not are there plans to add a ship,boat or canoe that can?

Thanks,
garvisus
garvisus

Postby hatchfactory » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:16 am

Yes boats can, tool tip says "Can be used by boats to move slowly" and there is a tile with little docks on it. I'm sure it will have different move costs for the different boats.
hatchfactory

Postby jetigig » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:07 am

If you are bringing back maps could you please try to find the Warbarons Football map? I never got to try it but it looked like a lot of fun. I do not remember who it was made by and I don't think it was ever updated for version 0.8. I would appreciate it immensely if you could bring that map back.
jetigig

Postby KGB » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:59 pm

Some of the new items like mine aren't there still. I guess that's because they require special coding?

Looking forward to seeing some maps with the new rivers.

KGB
KGB

Postby kenc80 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:06 pm

nah its in there, i saw it already - eye of KGB
kenc80

Postby Jeremy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Maybe I missed it, but we can we have a forum post about the new features -- their cool parts and limitations.

That way, we can better update our maps with new features.

Rivers, Walls, new types of boats -- that sort of thing.
Jeremy

Postby KGB » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:32 pm

KenC80,

I don't see it at all. I tried creating a new map and looking at the ones Smursh has already submitted and it's not available in the item list.

For that matter several other new items appear to be missing icons. As in I mouse over the item to see it's powers and I see a +20 but no icon indicating what the +20 is.

Do we need to log out/in again to pick up the 0.9 icons?

KGB

P.S. The random map terrain generator function is fun to play with. It needs a bit more work but it's a nice start for randomly generating terrain. It would be nice to have a 're-regenerate' button in case you aren't happy with what you got.
KGB

Next

Return to News