Version 0.9 launch info

News on the site

Re: Version 0.9 launch info

Postby garvisus » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:22 pm

Maybe allowing the paladin to purchase a third HP for 25 XP will take some of the sting out of capping leadership at 10?
garvisus

Postby smursh » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:15 am

Not for me. Increasing his hits has little value since you would only buy this after maxing his other skills. I don't want my high level hero to be just a cheap barbarian. I would rather buy a DN so I could max out with a strong bonus at very high levels, or an assassin for the ambush, or one of the other heroes with high situational leadership.
smursh

Postby KGB » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:41 am

It will all depend on map size. On smaller (50 and 75x) maps you won't even notice because it's rare you will get to L7 where he would have reached +13 Leadership. On mid size maps (100x) it will depend on the number of players while on large size you'll never use him because L7 will be much more common to achieve.

To me it's strange why he has been cut off at L5 from progressing any further as a useful hero other than adding a tiny bit of group move and group ambush. No other hero stops progressing that early or at such a low bonus with no other useful group skill to improve. Virtually every specialty hero dwarfs his numbers now with their top numbers. At least if he was allowed to reach +13 at L7 he'd be playable on a lot more maps.

KGB
KGB

Postby smursh » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:26 pm

Going back to some of the other changes I was wondering how the matchmaking feature will work. I set up a couple and am waiting for replys. When a match is found does it set up the game on a randomly chosen map? Or does it just notify the players who is interested.

Just curious really.
smursh

Postby piranha » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:03 pm

smursh, there are a couple of people who are waiting to be matched. The problem is that we haven't started the script that is going to look for matches yet because I couldn't test it until we did the move to ver09 so I'll test it any day now. Just been trying to fix other problems we noticed since we launched.

The idea is that the script will run with a few minutes interval and connect players and start the game.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby Omen » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:41 pm

Something minor: Please highlight "inbox" when new messages arrive, so people won't miss them :mrgreen:
Omen

Postby Omen » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:52 pm

Hm, I can't send new messages after 0.9. What I mean is that I can reply to old messages, but the new ones that I compose don't go to anyone except me. Please look it up.
Omen

Postby Nighthawk » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:23 pm

Is the matchmaking script running yet?
Nighthawk

Postby Nighthawk » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:08 pm

Looks like the matchmaking process has kicked off...two things:

1. It's displaying weird on my account page in that the shield emblems are not showing (i'm guessing b/c no color shield was selected by the players).

2. It'd be nice to get a message sent to our personal e-mail and inbox when the game starts (especially when the turn limit is 1 day).
Nighthawk

Postby piranha » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:38 pm

I just started the script after working on it all week. Probably going to be a couple of bugs because it's pretty hard to make a full testing of it. You are the first player to be matched :-). I had to use all the others who tried to be matched for my experimenting :D.
Going to look into why the shields don't display correct. Probably something is slightly off with the data because you should have received a email if you have that on as well.
piranha
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News