Version 0.91 launched

News on the site

Version 0.91 launched

Postby SnotlinG » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:43 pm

We have now finally launched version 0.91.
All new games created today will be running on 0.91 code. Gamelobbys created earlier will still be launched as 0.9 version games.
The changes are not as big as last time, but still we have managed to solve quite some bugs and to stabilize the code. Here is a short list of new and interesting stuff:

New Item "Eye of KGB" added. Allows you to view ruin content.
Freezetime for simultanous games have been updated to be individual (or team)-based instead. To encourage early endturns.
Replay functionality has been added and will be available as soon as there is a completed 0.91 game. Replays can be viewed without being logged in so please spread them as much as possible and help warbarons gain links and popularity.
Hero limit reached by bless has been fixed.
No reload of the client is needed in between turns when it is your turn again right after endturn. Especially useful for games vs the AI.
Ship converting has been improved with better description and better checks so you can't go into negative money.
Added confirmation popup for the Move All command.
Improved city list window. Now saving when opening city and no need to scroll back after doing changes.
Mapeditor, improved edit of multiple items on the same coordinate.
Better server connection handling when connection is glitchy.
Work started on touch device version.
Can now see in account if you have a unread message in game.
Can now see messages from people who are not online.
Messages are now flashing instead of just highlighted.
Can now see if a player is extending time with gold to know why he doesn't time out.
Maplist now shows shared maps, maps that can be edited by anyone.
Fixed a bug that caused many mysql connections to remain open.

Balance changes
Paladin now start with 5% group ward and can increase it to 25%.
Crusader is changed, cost lowered to 475, no morale bonus, 60% personal ward, battle increased to 25.
Assassin undead lore limit lowered from 25 to 16

/SnotlinG & Piranha
SnotlinG

Postby Negern » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:04 pm

So now, there are no land units with always +morale?
Negern

Postby Negern » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Like the changes btw, that one with hero limit reached by bless has been needed I don\'t know how long - years.
Looking forward to look at replays! Wasn\'t there a function like this before too? You could track heroes paths, I believe?
Negern

Re: Version 0.91 launched

Postby ChickenChaser » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:12 pm

I'm looking forward to the touch device version!! I will be able to log in much more often. What is the estimated timing on a release? Warbarons will be open to many more people once this version gets out. Exciting! :D
ChickenChaser

Postby KGB » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:06 pm

Excellent work. Looking forward to trying out my item :D

The Wiki for the Crusader needs his text description updated to note he is no longer providing Morale but instead high Warding. Also need to put a Warding icon on the screen (probably for this guy and the other units like Yeti/Mammoth).

Can I also assume the Crusader is now automatically added to the list of 'normal' units since his cost is down to 475 from 600ish?

KGB
KGB

Postby TheVic » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:15 am

Nice updates. Thanks.
Especially city screen update will be nice to save some time!

Question: "Freezetime for simultanous games have been updated to be individual (or team)-based instead. To encourage early endturns."
Exactly how do this work? And how will Gold/Silver membership affect the timing? How long will freeze time be?What will hapens if one without memebership plays with someone that has Gold membership and can store time, has felt like it could be a problem, but possibly not...

Wants:
* Starting is still quite a big advantage, why not a small compensation like 7% extra startig gold to second player? I.e. 60 to 120 extra gold.
* Please change Dread Knight max movement from 15 to 16 or 18 (there is no other place to put the other 5 points).
TheVic

Postby piranha » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:23 am

Snotling is the one working on the freezetime but from our discussions on how it should work it should be like this:

Freezetime is calculated for the next turn. Lets say the next turn is 7 hours freezetime. You click end turn early on current turn. Your freezetimer starts counting down now when you clicked end turn. Your opponent doesn't press end turn for 24 hours and when he does he have to wait his 7 hours freeze, but your freeze is already over so as soon as all players clicked end turn and the new turn is started you can make your move. This will make it harder to get double turns since you get the next turn several hours before. So once the turn order is set chances are that it will stay that way, but since we live in different timezones and work and family can make it impossible to make the next turn for a couple of hours it may still happen that someone is doing double turns. This solution will help those cases when both players are waiting for the countdown and is luck who manages to make his move first (Which I have to say is a bit fun :mrgreen: ).

Will check the wiki, it needs a lot of updates I think.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby Moonknight » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:56 am

Quests...when will they get here!?

:D
Moonknight

Return to News