Official Map making contest

News on the site

Re: Official Map making contest

Postby Experix » Wed May 08, 2013 9:15 pm

I was thinking Fjutts demise belongs to category one, seems definitely less symmetric than Inferno and satisfying other conditions as well, so why is it in 2?
Experix

Postby Negern » Wed May 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Experix wrote:I was thinking Fjutts demise belongs to category one, seems definitely less symmetric than Inferno and satisfying other conditions as well, so why is it in 2?

Good point. Since Fjutt didn't say which category it was, I had to decide which it fitted in. Garesch posted his for category 1. So I didn't think of it or compare them. You think that it should be in category 1 instead?
Negern

Postby Garesch » Sun May 12, 2013 2:52 pm

Why not just combine them all into one category & award a first & second place prize?

Aside from that, no one is voting, probably because the link to the maps & voting instructions is hidden on page 2 of a series of messages on the forum, so even folks who got a mail message to vote don't necessarily know where to go. Once we make a final decision on categories and voting, can we get Snotling et al. to create a new News post with instructions for voting?

I would also suggest either that votes just be sent directly to Negern by personal mail, or that we clearly state "if you can't see the last replies to this News item, go to the Forums under News to see the whole thread and add your response." Indeed, it would be good to have this disclaimer front & center on the News tab.
Garesch

Postby Negern » Mon May 13, 2013 4:39 pm

Combining is a good idea! I will send a message to Snotling and Piranha, asking them to start a new thread. Then, I hope, someone will drop by to vote!
Negern

Postby Experix » Mon May 13, 2013 5:40 pm

I clicked something to that new thread, but I don't understand how to differ first and second map there (I clicked one map there and can't change it or add the second?), so I am writing it here (seems much easier to me, though I don't not it has any value now). The only reason for my delay was finding time to look at all of them :-)
1st Dantes Inferno
2nd Danmark
Experix

Postby Negern » Mon May 13, 2013 6:12 pm

I believe it's decided by which one you selects first before submitting votes. So one click on map A and then one on map B and then submit = 2 points to map A, 1 to map B. But it's no problem, we should be able to sort things out in the end!
Dantes already has a headstart! Will it win, or what will happen? 8-)
Negern

Postby Experix » Mon May 13, 2013 6:36 pm

I don't think so, because it seems we both put Inferno on the first place, but it has only 2 poins now...
Experix

Postby Negern » Mon May 13, 2013 6:57 pm

Experix wrote:I don't think so, because it seems we both put Inferno on the first place, but it has only 2 poins now...

Ok, then it's stranger than I thought! :)
Negern

Postby RaakaArska » Fri May 17, 2013 6:07 pm

My votes go for these entries:

Category one:
2 points for Danmark by Negern
1 point for Land of Ghosts by Experix

2 points for Fjutts Demise by Fjutt
1 point for Carcassonne by Garesch
RaakaArska

Postby tabanli » Sun May 19, 2013 6:05 pm

Garesch wrote:Why not just combine them all into one category & award a first & second place prize?

Aside from that, no one is voting, probably because the link to the maps & voting instructions is hidden on page 2 of a series of messages on the forum, so even folks who got a mail message to vote don't necessarily know where to go. Once we make a final decision on categories and voting, can we get Snotling et al. to create a new News post with instructions for voting?
tab.

Yes. Please make a sticking post about the contest with one link that leads to map contest and post it at all the forum threads as well.
tabanli

Previous

Return to News