Next ladder season - new seasonending rules

News on the site

Next ladder season - new seasonending rules

Postby SnotlinG » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:10 pm

Next ladder season will be started at end of April, so there is still plenty of time to compete! :-)

Also, the code for switching ladder seasons have been updated, so we won´t auto-end all games that have played more than 15 turns. Current rules for seasonend are like this:

1. All laddergames that have played less than 11 turns will continue.
2. All laddergames that have played more than 10 turns will be checked. If one player (or team) holds more than 70% of the game resources* that player/team will be declared winner and the game will be ended. Otherwise it will continue.
3. All laddergames that contine will be counted towards the next season instead.

During my recent testrun, this meant that about only 10% of the games that are ongoing and > 10 turns would be auto-ended, so its a huge difference compared to last seasonend. We think this change will improve the ladder :-)

* Game resources are calculated based on number of units, hero levels, cities, and buildings owned by the players.
SnotlinG

Re: Next ladder season - new seasonending rules

Postby Chazar » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:09 pm

That is a great change! Very Welcome! :)

If I had only known earlier, I would have started ladder games instead of non-ladder this week. I also wasnt sure whether the season would end 1st April or last April - where is this displayed (other than news posts)?
Chazar

Re: Next ladder season - new seasonending rules

Postby SnotlinG » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:03 pm

Sorry for the late info, buit the codechange was ready just the other day :-)

Hmm, we should improve the ladder layout with enddate I guess, thanks for the feedback!
SnotlinG

Return to News