Replays available

News on the site

Replays available

Postby piranha » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:48 am

One of the features that took most of 0.91 development time is replays. They are now available under the menu ladder->replays. We still have a couple of bugs to fix in the replay view and some features missing in the replay list that will be added in a few weeks but overall it's working good. I'm going on a 1 week ski trip and Snotling is away right now coming home in a few days to fix the last bugs.

The replay view does not require a player to be logged in to view so the links listed there are so you can spread them around and possibly help gain some newcomers :-).

There is one credits feature which is the ability to disable your vision in a replay. It's a feature we didn't want that much since replays are lot of fun to view and hopefully a good chance for us to receive some links in to the site. But if you feel that you have this super secret strategy that you want to keep to yourself you can hide your vision at a cost of 100 credits per game. It's a bit high for a reason.

Hope you will enjoy.
piranha
Site Admin

Re: Replays available

Postby SnotlinG » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:24 pm

Bug fixed that made replays of scenario games corrupt. :-)
SnotlinG

Postby Omen » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:18 pm

AWESOME! 8-)
Omen

Postby SnotlinG » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:25 am

Small update:
"Step forward one turn" functionality now in place
History functionality (city/army/gold) now available. Old replays might have lots of turns where they have zero as value though since this is a recent addon.
SnotlinG

Postby KGB » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:33 pm

SnotlinG,

That's a nice update.

The running totals will be nice when you just want to forward a bunch of turns quickly but still get an idea of what was going on in the game.

KGB
KGB

Postby tabanli » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:59 pm

I watched some of the replays. It was funny when people start with a Paladin-Valkyrie and after getting slain at a ruin choose Ranger next.

I think replays reveal too much about the personal style and could make people better prepared for a given opponent. Is there a way to make certain games private?
tabanli

Postby KGB » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:12 pm

tabanli wrote:Is there a way to make certain games private?

Yes, but it costs credits. So it's probably not worth doing.

I too laughed when I saw people making silly hero choices or other times seeing players not vectoring armies or vectoring them much later than they should have.

KGB
KGB

Next

Return to News