Version 0.92 is released

News on the site

Version 0.92 is released

Postby piranha » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Today we launched version 0.92 of Warbarons. This means all new games will be started as 0.92 with all the changes but the games already started will remain the same version that they were started with.

Here is a change list for version 0.92.

#We have separated backend and client completely.
The reason is because we are working on a mobile / app version of the game and to be able to launch Warbarons as a native app it needs to contain all client files in the package you download to your phone/pad.
There will not be any loading graphics or code from the server, only game data is sent from the server.
The web version is updated to follow that pattern from 0.92. This will help us develop mobile, pad and web simultaneously without having to work on 3 different sets of code.

#The language system is covering the whole site now, and the translation tool has been improved quite a lot.
Omen completed the first translation which is to Greek and helped test the translation tools. He is now going to take care of stuff related to the greek players and community.
There are translations being done for Russian (Solo and Igor),
Spanish (ChickenChaser), German (Chazar) and Portuguese (Anarcopie). If you want to help them, or
start translation for a new language please contact us.
To change language you have a dropdown in the top-left corner.

#Moderator group
The moderator tools are working and a moderator group is started.
KGB and Chazar are helping out with updating the information in the Warpedia which is becoming more detailed and up to date.

Here is a list of changes.
# Can select normal game when using matchmaking.
# Extra cost of heroes with higher level than 1 is now 200, 500, 900, 1400
# Toggle fullscreen (New button in the interface allow you to toggle fullscreen which gives
you a bigger game area which means you will se more tiles)

# Balance changes
Barbarian is a bit dumber, now starts with 85% intelligence
Barbarian requires 2 points to walk on water and 4 points to fly.
Barbarian starts with 4 UL.
Barbarian 4 HP cost 20 points instead of 15, 5 HP cost 25 points instead of 20.

Archon cost lowered from 1350 to 1100.

# Ruin changes
All ruins now have undead guardians
Allies are now held prisoner by undead guardians just like gold and items.
New reward type Sage, which will reward your hero with new skill points and ability points.
Items now always come with gold to balance lesser items with more gold and better items with less gold.

# History & News sections have been updated to supply more information, i.e. maplocations and onmouseover information on certain items like allies/items etc

#Resizing of the window will now automatically adjust the game area to use as much of the available space as possible.

# NAP agreements will auto-adjust to 2 turns left if the game has only 2 players or 2 teams remaining.

# New gold feature -> Show enemy units default moverange by clicking right mouse button on the enemy unit. Calculation is only based on the visible top unit and does not account for any blessings or upgrades, it does always count with 2 saved movement points.

# Some fixes were done to realtime games

# Improved city portal screen, you can now see coloured zones on the minimap telling you the number of turns it will take to reach a city. You can also see what units are being produced on the portal screen.

# There is now a border around the map which allow you to scroll the map enough to access tiles that were hidden behind the menus before.

# The away feature that uses credits to get extra time to complete a turn is changed. Each game starts with 20 aways and 1 more is added per 5 days. If you run out of aways in a game you can not use the away feature until you saved up some.

#There is now a tournament system and the first tournament is being held by AngryOgre, Igor, KGB and tabanli.
If you check under ladder in the menu you can find the brackets. It's a manual system so during our first tournament you will have to report the game. More info about the tournament can be found under the tournament thread in the forum.
I plan to make the tournament system more automated so the next tournament will be easier to run.

# Bugs & quirks
The game is becoming more and more stable but with every release some new bugs are found.
This time we have solved quite a lot of bugs that have been reported for a long time but are so rare that it's hard
to figure out what could cause them.

Bug fixed when ingame countdown reaches 0 and you are set in away mode you wont auto-end your turn.
piranha
Site Admin

Re: Version 0.92 is released

Postby Igor » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:56 pm

Many thanks for new version!
Barbarian was so often in use like ancient demons were before him. He really needed to be downgraded a little and now he has got this.
Funny thing is how to adapt him fastly in tourney games :)

In tournament menu: will be a place where can be written current results, who beated whom?
Igor

Postby Moonknight » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:16 am

Thanks for continuing your efforts to making improvements, I love this game and appreciate all the work you guys put into it!
Moonknight

Postby marc » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:01 am

Nice to know you're working on a mobile app! Will it be a iOS app? I was looking for something like that actually :) Trie to play a few times on an iPad, but it's not really comfortable.... Is there a planned release date?
marc

Postby piranha » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:23 pm

It will be a web based app (same code as running the web version) packaged with phoneGap as a native app. Since its javascript we plan to release on Android, iOS and probably windows phone too (haven't tried that before but should be possible).
I've been doing some research on hardware acceleration and it looks like it will be possible to get a big performance boast for the next version (map scrolling, moving units) which will be nice for the web and make the game much more playable on phones.

The thing Im working on right now is writing a new community that is also using the same client / server model as we have for the game for the phone (the web version of the community will remain the same for a while longer). I'd say I'm about 60% done with that. Then we need to create a GUI designed for phones which I hope will take less time. It's really hard to give a estimate. I'd like to say Q1 2014 but those estimates always breaks. We often try to fix all the discovered bugs and add a few extra features to make it feel like something new happened even if much work was done on things that doesn't impact the game.
Anyway after the pad/phone release we will probably add some new game specific content that we planed for a long time. There is a big upgrade planed for heroes.
I also want to make the tournament system more automated before we run the next tournament.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby Omen » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:56 am

Is there something wrong with this thread? It doesn't show all the replies :?
Omen

Postby piranha » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:25 am

There is a anononymous spambot poster that seems to be hard to stop. But his posts don't work so the post counter is showing more posts that there really are.
piranha
Site Admin

Return to News