Merry christmas everyone

News on the site

Merry christmas everyone

Postby piranha » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:07 am

So for me and Snotling christmas is behind us because in Sweden (and in the rest of scandianavia I think) we celebrate christmas eve on the 24 th of december. But to all of you celebrating today, Merry christmas!

So the latest info on Warbarons development progress is something like this.

Snotling have ben solving unusual bugs that have been reported for the last weeks, some that happened because our SSL certificate validation ran out on the 6 th december. We are having a bit of trouble renewing it because we decided to include our new domain warbarons.gr in the SSL and the greek authority handling .gr domains haven't provided the correct whois information about the domain. As far as I understand the SSL still works but isn't validated. We are trying to get it solved.

He also updated the tournament page a to allow several tournament at the same time, a list page and fixed some bugs on the wall and added tournament entries to it.

I've been spending most of my time on the phone app. The first version of it will contain mailing, hosting single,multiplayer, joining games, settings, probably view ladder game information and playing the game of course.

Current plan however is to focus a bit more on the tournament. It took off and a lot of players seems to enjoy it so we decided to improve it before we continue with our work on the next version and the mobile version.

The improvement plans are to allow anyone or perhaps only moderators to host tournaments by filling out a form that will then generate the tournament brackets and create all games automatic based on that information.

Current plan is to include the following settings:
1. Start based on set date [enter date] or number of players/teams joined [nr players]
2. Groups [players per group] or elemination [single/double elemination?]
3. 1v1 / 2v2 / 3v3 / 4v4 (no ffa for now)
4. Number of players advancing from each group to next round.
5. Map pool of each round (1 map or several maps) (If several play every map / random pick per game)
6. Time per turn
7. Quick map to play when no group winners.
8. Time per turn on quick play.
9. For fun tournament, Prize based tournament Buyin [x]
10. Only silver or gold members may join tournament games in order to avoid games collision with players who have to few slots to play another game.

I hope that covers most tournament scenarios. We will then approve the tournament to not create too many running at the same time. We will also be able to create a tournament that can run at a interval so for example there could be a small tournament running every month with max 8 players.

We are adding the option of buyin tournament where winners get a prize based on the buyin from players. The plan there is to make everyone who manages to place above 50% to at least get their buyin back so pretty much everyone have a chance to make it back.

Merry christmas
/Piranha & Snotling
piranha
Site Admin

Re: Merry christmas everyone

Postby Omen » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:51 pm

piranha wrote:We are having a bit of trouble renewing it because we decided to include our new domain warbarons.gr in the SSL and the greek authority handling .gr domains haven't provided the correct whois information about the domain.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Guys
Omen

Postby Kohl » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:39 pm

Happy new year, last, and let me say that you boys make a very good job. Great to see your phone app...

Kohl
Kohl

Return to News