New version released

News on the site

New version released

Postby piranha » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:52 pm

We have released a new version.

New games started from now on will be launched in this new version.
Here is a list of most updates that have been made since the last release.

Optimized the map-code to improve scrollspeed/smoothness
Fixed bug with attackorder/defendorder headline.
New scripted tutorial system that will help new players. Feel free to try it and give your comments in the forum.
Computer sleepmode detection added, will reload the gameclient if the client is offline/sleeping for more than 70 seconds.
Fixed bug with unit detecting a new enemy unit while moving through an ally unit, causing an error message.
Fixed bug with repopulated ruin shown incorrectly if the client was already open when the ruin repopulated.
Upgraded the client/server syncronization, to keep track of the communication between client and server and make sure no message gets lost in either direction. To improve game stability and make sure all actions you think you perform really gets executed by the server also :-)
Based on idea by Euskrit: function added that periodically checks and correct the js countdown timer, in case it starts to diff.
Added touch-arrows on the map for touchdevices to simplify mapnavigation on mobile devices.
Level 3 ruins dont have Sage anymore
Added Transactions tab to the Historypopup. Follow all changes to your gold there
Improved tooltips to the ship-upgrade menu

Hero & unitchanges:
Heroes
DK max move increased to 16 from 15
Ranger UL increase changed from 3 to 2 per abilitypoint
Asassin, exoticmovecost increased to 2p/level (waterwalk/fly/lavawalk)
Assassin start at UL increase from 7 to 8
Assassin, Increase UL changed from 3 to 2 per abilitypoint
Paladin, Starting Leadership changed from 4 to 3
Paladin, increase Leadership cost 10 points and gives +2 in Leadership (previous 20p/+3 Leadership )
Paladin, max Leadership : +11 (previous +10)

Units
Great Archon: Battle 30 (previous 35), attackbonus +10 (previous 0), buildtime 4 (previous 5), cost 1825 (previous 2000)
Devil: negate aura 5 (previous 8), fear 5 (previous 2), HP 3 (previous 2), build 4 turns (previous 5)

Bitcoin integration
Can deposit and withdraw bitcoin
Can send bitcoin between players
Can host game with a bitcoin buyin and the winner get the pot
Can use bitcoin to buy credits
Wiki page explaining the basics of bitcoin

Items
2 new items + new art for items sharing the same gfx
Ceremonial dagger (lvl 1 item created for the new tutorial)
The hunter (lvl 1 bow with personal ward)
New unique art for sir valour, deaths disguise, war traveller

Battle
Battle limits (90% rule) now more gradual.
Total battle value is based on base battle + terrain bonus.
If battle value is 100 or less the rule is 10% is removed from both sides of extremes.
The following battle value increases the percentage that triggers a rerun.
100-145 = 11%
145-190 = 12%
190-235 = 13%
235-280 = 14%
280-325 = 15%
325-370 = 16%
370-415 = 17%
415-460 = 18%
460-505 = 19%
505+ = 20%

There has been quite a lot of talk about this feature. KGB have already written a explanation in the wiki. I will
add this information to that wiki entry.

The mobile app has come a pretty long way too. The community section is complete but not completely bug free yet.
Next on the todo list are:
Upgrading our server with the latest version of our database and servers. (planed to after this ladder season end because it's likely to cause downtime)
Automated tournaments with bitcoin integrated
Revamped heroes + new heroes.

We haven't turned bitcoin games on yet, We will do that when we have upgraded the server software. In the meantime you might want to checkout the wiki how to get a couple of milliBit so you are ready to play with them in a few weeks :-).
piranha
Site Admin

Re: New version released

Postby KGB » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:44 pm

Nice list of changes and lots of good stuff here.

Some comments
Computer sleepmode detection added, will reload the gameclient if the client is offline/sleeping for more than 70 seconds.

So if I am just sitting there doing nothing then the game will reload every 70 seconds? If so, that seems a bit short as I often just look a stacks or turn on/off the grid view and having the client reload would be a bit annoying. I'd prefer it be a user option or at least have it set to more like 3+ minutes.

Fixed bug with repopulated ruin shown incorrectly if the client was already open when the ruin repopulated.

I see a similar issue if the AI razes a city in the FOW and my client is open (ie I am the only human player left). If I click to move on that city I get a 'path is blocked' error. I have to move close enuff to unfog the city and reload the client to see that the city is razed.

Paladin, max LD: +11 (previous +10)

Still wish the Paladin topped out at +13. Or that the Rangers group warding skill was removed from the Ranger and transferred to the Paladin who is more of a protector hero.

The hunter (lvl 1 bow with personal ward)
New unique art for sir valour, deaths disguise, war traveller

Wish the Eternal Coin was a L2 item. It's not quite good enough to be L3 now that all items give gold.
I LOVE the new Death's Disguise artwork!
I hope that Warding for a unit tops out at 70 (or 75) from all sources. This is the kind of item that can make a Barb invincible if he is with a Ranger and is reaching 90% Warding making it almost impossible to kill him. It's a great item addition as long as it doesn't stack with the Rangers Warding to reach 90%.

KGB
KGB

Postby SnotlinG » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:10 pm

KGB wrote:Nice list of changes and lots of good stuff here.

So if I am just sitting there doing nothing then the game will reload every 70 seconds? If so, that seems a bit short as I often just look a stacks or turn on/off the grid view and having the client reload would be a bit annoying. I'd prefer it be a user option or at least have it set to more like 3+ minutes.

This only kicks in if the client detects it has been offline. Which happens if you lose your connectivity, or (which was what prompted this addon) you have a game open, and then leave your computer for a long time so it goes down in sleepmode, and then open it again. You could then potentially have missed updates happening, like teammates (or enemies in realtime) moving etc...

KGB wrote:I see a similar issue if the AI razes a city in the FOW and my client is open (ie I am the only human player left). If I click to move on that city I get a 'path is blocked' error. I have to move close enuff to unfog the city and reload the client to see that the city is razed.

Thats a bit weird, as you shouldnt see what happens in the FOW anyway :-)
If you reload the game (F5) before you discover the city from the FOW, do you still have that same issue?
If so, please let me know a game where I can test it :-)
SnotlinG

Postby KGB » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:58 pm

SnotlinG wrote:Thats a bit weird, as you shouldnt see what happens in the FOW anyway :-)
If you reload the game (F5) before you discover the city from the FOW, do you still have that same issue?
If so, please let me know a game where I can test it :-)

What happens is:

1) I lose a city to the AI. At that point, the city immediately fogs over because I can no longer see it with any nearby units. I never see the razed graphic for the city because the FOW update happens before the AI decides whether to raze or not (this is my guess as to what happens).
2) On my next turn, the city is still in the FOW and appears to me to be owned by the AI and not in a razed state.
3) I select one of my stacks and click on the city in an attempt to move there and capture it. I immediately get the 'path is blocked' error message telling me something is wrong.
4) If I move the stack close enough to unfog the city it still does not appear razed! If I click on the city I get the same error message.
5) If I hit F5, the reload immediately shows me the city was razed and now I am able to move there if I want to.

That help?

KGB
KGB

Postby Igor » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:04 pm

piranha wrote:Bitcoin integration
Can deposit and withdraw bitcoin
Can send bitcoin between players
Can host game with a bitcoin buyin and the winner get the pot
Can use bitcoin to buy credits
Wiki page explaining the basics of bitcoin

We haven't turned bitcoin games on yet, We will do that when we have upgraded the server software. In the meantime you might want to checkout the wiki how to get a couple of milliBit so you are ready to play with them in a few weeks.

Sad thing that bitcoins same as other virtual currency is an object of big attention of Central Bank (and probably secret services) in Russia. http://news.mail.ru/economics/16681220/?frommail=1
They state that virtual currency may help to finance terrorism.

Does other way exist? May be I send you Webmoney and you give me Bitcoins for playing. Later you change back my bitcoins into Webmoney and send it to me. This way I will never have bitcoins in Russia and will be free of violation of the law.
Igor

Postby SnotlinG » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:23 am

KGB wrote:

What happens is:

1) I lose a city to the AI. At that point, the city immediately fogs over because I can no longer see it with any nearby units. I never see the razed graphic for the city because the FOW update happens before the AI decides whether to raze or not (this is my guess as to what happens).
2) On my next turn, the city is still in the FOW and appears to me to be owned by the AI and not in a razed state.
3) I select one of my stacks and click on the city in an attempt to move there and capture it. I immediately get the 'path is blocked' error message telling me something is wrong.
4) If I move the stack close enough to unfog the city it still does not appear razed! If I click on the city I get the same error message.
5) If I hit F5, the reload immediately shows me the city was razed and now I am able to move there if I want to.

That help?

KGB

Yes!
Im pretty certain why it happens now, thanks!
Now I just need to figure out how to fix it :-)
SnotlinG

Postby SnotlinG » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Ok, found a bug in how the AI raze city info was synced out to the players.
Should work better now (did that during my test atleast :-))
Let me know if you see this again (in version 1.0 games or better), bug is still there in 0.92 games...
SnotlinG

Postby piranha » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:31 pm

Igor:

I've read a bit about bitcoin and Russia and it seems like there is no real ban but more of a warning against using it, there is no consumer protection or anything like that. There was a bitcoin conference in Moscow this week. Some info about that here: http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-confere ... certainty/
My guess is that as a private person you can own bitcoin.But you will have to make your own call.

We can't act as a exchange unfortunately. If you would buy bitcoin with webmoney from us and then win more bitcoin and want to withdraw we wouldn't have webmoney to exchange for bitcoin. But do some googling and I think you will find out how other in Russia buy bitcoin.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby SnotlinG » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:57 pm

Replays of version 1.0 games should now be working.
SnotlinG

Postby KGB » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:50 pm

SnotlinG wrote:This only kicks in if the client detects it has been offline. Which happens if you lose your connectivity, or (which was what prompted this addon) you have a game open, and then leave your computer for a long time so it goes down in sleepmode, and then open it again. You could then potentially have missed updates happening, like teammates (or enemies in realtime) moving etc...

I am getting this error in AI games when the AI is moving. It doesn't seem like it takes 70 seconds before I get the error either but maybe the AI turns are taking longer than I think.

In any case the client doesn't auto-reload and I don't seem to have to hit F5 in order to do my turn. So it's strange to see this error.

KGB
KGB

Next

Return to News