battle bug found

News on the site

Re: battle bug found

Postby smursh » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:21 pm

I'd rather see the bugs fixed sooner. Just lost another ladder game due to bad early battles. It's happening a lot. 85% or better against a neutral is really only about 50% odds. Just lost another game in first 3 turns with 2 heroes dead in battles of 85% and 88% right in a row. Just ridiculous that I need 100% odds to have a chance against a neutral. Now games totally favor the extremely conservative player as opposed to an aggressive player.
smursh

Postby piranha » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:28 am

In fact this fix will work in the opposite direction. Right now when you have 80% you actually have 87% chance. After this fix you only have 80% so you will lose more 80% or 85% battles than you do now. 80% sounds like a sure winner but its just 4 in 5 battles so it's nothing strange to lose a few 80% in a row. Thats why I said "Do we really want to fix this bug".

Like you say I found too that the only way to not waste my games on bad luck I only go to battle with 90% at least in the early turns where a loss often cost several turns.

But this new version is planed to come out pretty soon. It's mostly bug fixes, better AI and changes that has to do with mobile but doesn't affect the web version.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby gil » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:32 pm

my vote dont release anything that will give less odds then now
Last edited by gil on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gil

Postby gil » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:36 pm

smursh wrote:I'd rather see the bugs fixed sooner. Just lost another ladder game due to bad early battles. It's happening a lot. 85% or better against a neutral is really only about 50% odds. Just lost another game in first 3 turns with 2 heroes dead in battles of 85% and 88% right in a row. Just ridiculous that I need 100% odds to have a chance against a neutral. Now games totally favor the extremely conservative player as opposed to an aggressive player.

i agree with smursh here
gil

Previous

Return to News