Tech Fest Stockholm

News on the site

Tech Fest Stockholm

Postby SnotlinG » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:33 am

This Friday Warbarons were represented on the event "TECH FEST STHLM" (https://sthlmtechfest.com/), happening in central Stockholm (Sweden).
This was a last minute decision from our side, so we were not as good prepared as the other participants with their fancy rollups etc :-D

Despite this, it was nice to come out and show our game for all the attendees, and also meet other entrepreneur´s...

Piranha with a selling smile :-)

Lots of people!
SnotlinG

Re: Tech Fest Stockholm

Postby Omen » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:34 pm

Coolness 8-)
Omen

Postby KGB » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:55 pm

Sweet! You guys get a lot of people stop by?

KGB
KGB

Postby Igor » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:15 pm

Big step forward. The first one on such level? Should help to raise number of participants.
Igor

Postby piranha » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:23 am

It was the first time we did something like this. There were people stopping by, most of them had played Warlords, Heroes, Civilization or something similar that made them interested when they saw the screenshots. Some of them are surly going to try it.
The whole gathering was about startups, there is a wave of interest here in Stockholm about becoming a startup and start you own business so a lot of people were there to see what others are doing and get inspired to do their own thing.
There were also investors there so you could get in contact with potential investor, but they aren't very interested in games.
We can't call it a success but still it was a test that turned out ok with our limited sale skills, both of us prefer to code rather than talk to people :-). We have some ideas about trying to get more players, we will see if anything can happen this autumn.
During all these years we had most people visiting the site when we had the kickstarter going and 6 months after that.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby Igor » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:24 pm

If you were got money from investor, then how they could be used for the game: attracting additional programmers? wider advertising? At my look as a user, the game business can't effectively use as much money as other kind of business do. (I haven't investigations on this way though.)
Igor

Postby piranha » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:22 pm

We could use money for advertising but I'm not sure that it would work. Lets say you spend $10.000 on buying various banners. I don't think that we would earn back those $10.000. Warbarons isn't optimised for making money, its optimised to be fun :-). MMO games where you almost have to spend money to be competitive can spend much more on banners and still earn it back from people who spend thousands of dollar just to buy advantages in the game so they drive the price up so the only way to compete for ad space is if your games is about making as much money as possible.
But still it's always possible to meet some good connections of some sort on these kind of events.

At this phase where we are now I don't think there is much point for new programmers to help out, and the code and platform would be pretty annoying to start working on for someone new.
But if we ever start another game project which I hope we do at some point it would be fun to have more people on the project. You have to be passionate about working hard and probably never see any return :mrgreen: everybodys dream job!
piranha
Site Admin

Postby Igor » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:55 am

Is here perspectives to make Warbarons profitable game with attracting more participants or may be another method? MMO games at my look don't let to compare skills of players but mostly who can pay more for this, and all who can't pay much will be out of ability to be in leaders.
Igor

Postby SnotlinG » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:11 am

Our vision with Warbarons is (and have always been):
- You cannot buy in-game advantages
- Turnbased (no need to guard your game/empire around the clock)
- Should be able to play competitive even if you don't spend X hours/day

However, as it costs money to run the server etc, we need to try to make some money also, which we do via the silver/gold memberships, i.e. pay for convenience (not advantages).
This is obviously not the best model if you want to earn lots of money, but hopefully the best model to get a nice and mature community.
So we want to attract more players to hopefully increase the income a bit (currently we are losing our private money each month to keep the server/game running), but also to increase the challenge of the players, and make it easier to get a game going etc :-)
SnotlinG

Postby Igor » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:22 am

How many players you need to attract to make the game profitable? I saw flags of many countries within users online, Warbarons is becoming famous world wide :)
Igor

Next

Return to News