Version 1.02 released

News on the site

Re: Version 1.02 released

Postby SnotlinG » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:04 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions. However we are currently limited by the current functionality for heroes, which makes the special spells impossible like summoning or teleporting. We do however have some ideas for this for the future :-)

As for the heroes, we did modify the Sorceress slightly now, changing the upgrade of move to +4 per 5 points, to a max value of 34. Also increased her max UL from 25 to 30.
This might not show for you in case you have our files cached, so you might need to hit F5 once in a new version 1.02 game for the changes to become visible.

For now we will evaluate the heroes and then make adjustments at a later stage. I think we will find areas of use for the Levitate spell that might make the Sorceress more attractive :-)
SnotlinG

Postby KGB » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:19 pm

SnotlinG,

It's nice you upgrade her move but the reality is that her level up points are so few that they are going to be too precious to spend on +4 move. Why not just change her base move to 20 and give her 'fly' in addition to 'waterwalk'. That would give her some value as a ruin picker.

KGB
KGB

Postby Seraad » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:40 pm

I see lots of suggestions that I more or less agree.
I don't think the dwarf hero is overpowerful.
But the Sorceress seems to be weak - I would suggest adding a bit personal/group ward, some personal ambush and vision 6-8 or 6-9. She could also have negate heroism (as barb has negate aura)

In general though please consider a feature in game setup where you could choose which heroes could play in the game. Some of us may be very conservative and the new heroes can chage strategy on some maps a lot

Seraad :)
Seraad

Postby Qube » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:19 pm

Chazar wrote: That is really a great idea, love it!
Having a Sorceress summoning phantoms fits thematically, and changing a LightInfantry's color to grey would already do, having more phantoms per ability should also scale well (maybe give the phantoms a small swarming bonus as well, so that they remain useful at high level, say str 10 hit 1 plus +2 swarming or so).

The only problem might be a runaway hero stack in the endgame: Currently, one can grind such a stack down over time, if it enters enemy territory too deep. The Sorceress would provide too much cannon fodder then. The fix could be that the sorceress' phantoms still have to respect the stack limit of 8 units, so that such a powerful stack may only use 1-3 phantoms anyway?!

Thanks! Still, it's easy to spitball an idea, alot more work to actually write the code for something like this.

Balance-wise, yeah it might be too good if phantom warriors could increase the stack size beyond 8. Limiting it might be necessary. Or, you could just have her summon 1 unit, but upgrading the ability increases the unit's number of wounds/strength. Or maybe have both upgrade options available.

For a slightly different theme, one could make the summons recolored versions of the Sorceress herself, and call it "Mirror Image".
Qube

Postby smursh » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:52 am

Sorceress is good but risky on large maps when playing 1v1 or 2x2. Good ruin hunting and massive speed if you can get leveled. Stll unless you get a good combat artifact going to be less than 90% on most neutrals with 1 defender.

Not sure how I lke the play since it makes 1x1 on large maps more a measure of luck. If my sorceress does not die and my opponents does I can get a huge advantage since she can reach a point where with 36 move and water walking you just fly across the map. On big maps you can get there with enough neutrals to take advantage of this.
smursh

Postby Igor » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:05 pm

Interesting changes in heroes and in allies' offer with heroes as well.

If some changes is planned for the game in future, let me wish to do something with Demons.
Early in the game they were overpowerful, +75 in stack of 4 or so.
Now they are close to useless, only +55 in stack of 5. I rare saw them 5 together.
Looks that they are in use only with hero offers and from ruins, or when they are randomly built in a neutral city.
Some balance in this is +60 in stack of 4.
Igor

PreviousNext

Return to News