Server issue

News on the site

Server issue

Postby SnotlinG » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:14 am

Last night we had some issues with our database server.
Most likely this was due to the Hero-drowning checks that are run, so they have been removed for now. So no Hero can drown currently in beta4.

Unfortunately this seems to have affected a few games in a strange way, making them partly completed, eben though they were not. I have tried to restore the games I have found so far. If you have a game that is affected, please let me know asap and I will investigate.
If your affected game is crashed even though my effort to restore it, let me know and I will check it again. Its possible the game is "lost" though :-(
SnotlinG

Re: Server issue

Postby fysnik » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:49 pm

Hej
I could not log on friday and so lost my turn, and today i find that i have been elimanted on a map, and I do not know how, the game is game1. When there is an issue and you cannot complete a turn, would it be a godd idea to restart the clock for all the games, so you do not lose a turn?

kind regards
Fysnik
fysnik

Postby hatchfactory » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:27 pm

Chickenchaser and I tried to start a game during the server problems, 8 games were created and started under the same name \\\"helium\\\". - Lonely Isle, map id\\\'s 3912 through 3919
hatchfactory

Postby Enigmatic » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:43 pm

Fysnik> i guess you did not loose at all. Some had \\\"game won\\\" messages although game was still running. If you closed the game you probably you just have no link. (try doing using the gameid manually if you still have it).
Enigmatic

Postby UNiMEDiA » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:01 pm

SnotlinG, I\\\'m not sure what the issue is but I\\\'m on turn 35 in one of my games and when I open the game it partially opens but I can\\\'t see anything in the main screen. I can see the mini map but no white rectangle. I can\\\'t push \\\"OK\\\" on any of the menu buttons, although I can still push battle history and other things. Please help me! I don\\\'t want to lose this game!
UNiMEDiA

Postby Enigmatic » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:06 pm

JS issue? Try using a fresh profile / other browser. Check noscript / notscript settings. Delete Cache and cookies and do a fresh relogin.
Enigmatic

Return to News