Server change this week

News on the site

Server change this week

Postby piranha » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:55 am

This week we plan to move to a new server. We will now have our own server which will improve server request time and wont have us worrying about the host company who have been angry sometimes when we consume too much resources.

This will cause some downtime during the move but we will add 24 h extra time to all games so there shouldn't be any timeout because of it.

Also Beta5 is more or less complete now. After the move we will just test it and as soon as it is working we will start it. Could be this week if everything goes perfect.

One of the things on our todo for Beta5 was to improve the performance. I've been able to shrink graphics to about 30% in size so for new users where images aren't cached loading will be faster. Also all CSS data will be cached from B5 which is about 200k.
Some of you have noticed slowdowns in map scroll and movement and this bug is now gone.

I'm currently doing some last minute changes to the minimap which should give a pretty significant performance change in bigger games where a lot of FOW is cleared. I don't think this update will make it to the mapeditor by B5.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby MrBofa » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:49 pm

Any one seen this on firefox ?

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/warbarons/www/class/c_datawork.php on line 461

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/warbarons/www/class/c_datawork.php on line 461

Games disappeared as well.
MrBofa

Postby MrBofa » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:52 pm

After restarting firefox all my turns got ended as well
MrBofa

Re: Server change this week

Postby SnotlinG » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:37 pm

We had some issues during the move, and had to redo the move of the DB. So your games should hopefully look alright now.
If not, please let us know and we will investigate...
SnotlinG

Return to News