Help with funding

News on the site

Re: Help with funding

Postby LPhillips » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:30 am

It's a very nice forum setup for a small community, very easy to see new posts and so on. But still, plenty of people probably don't look at it. Maybe an email sent through the site's messaging system? Default settings send them a normal email notifying them when that happens. I think many people will miss an email to their normal account, when they already receive so many from this site in the form of notifications. And those who look closely enough at their emails to see it will still receive a notification email.

Also, a translator link could be included in your message.
LPhillips

Postby Igor » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:17 pm

Kickstarter sent me to Amazon account and I became a new customer there. Next, Amazon asked my credit card number and expiration date. But I have no international credit card like Visa or MasterCard which could let me to pay outside RF country. But I have a WebMoney account and already used it for international payments. If I can use it to pay you a little sum please tell me how to do.
Igor

Postby willim » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:43 am

willim

Postby Moonknight » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:27 pm

I applause whoever donated $1,000! I'm looking forward to the new side that will be added :)

About a third of the way there people!
Moonknight

Postby shokunzaa » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:08 pm

shokunzaa

Postby Draxus » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:35 pm

Moonknight wrote:I applause whoever donated $1,000! I'm looking forward to the new side that will be added :)

It was Piranha. He wanted to add a side named Snotlin's Stupid Scum State (or the 4S'ers as they will be called in shorthand) in beta5 but Snotlin said no. Kinda defeats the purpose of looking for outside funding but Piranha found out how to beat the system. Go him! :lol:
Draxus

Postby hungrytales » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:46 am

guys, did you try to get Rock, Paper, Shotgun interested in the project? An article on RPS would propably give you all the PR boost you need to win with the Kickstarter capmaign (which kinda stopped in the middle :/). Just sayin.
hungrytales

Postby piranha » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:22 pm

I checked their page quite a lot. It says this:

We’re a PC-only site. Honestly. It says so at the top of the site and everything. If you mail us about your iOS or XBLA game, you’re going to look very silly and we’re certainly not going to believe you when you bang on about being a big fan of the site or whatever. PC-only. No exceptions. And if your game isn’t on PC, why the bloody hell not? It’s the biggest gaming platform in the history of the universe, you know. Port your game over now, you buffoon.

But I can try sending them info about Warbarons. Since it's a browser game they might accept it as a pc game. I've spent quite a lot of time to get listed on other gaming sites. It takes a lot of time patience and mailing again and again until they answer and then you get listed at the end where hardly anyone see you. But I know its the only way so I'm trying to do it.

I'll try sending a mail to RPS but I would be surprised if they respond :-).
piranha
Site Admin

Postby hungrytales » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:23 pm

piranha wrote:I'll try sending a mail to RPS but I would be surprised if they respond :-).

I tried once and they didn't :). Didn't hurt that much though :).

I won't guarantee they're gonna answer. They're probably swarmed with correspondence from different people on a daily basis. But for the sake of the argument - they do have a track of covering browser games.

And I actually would be surprised if they will not respond. They're crazy for turn-based strategies, treating them somewhat as a pinnacle of PC gaming (and rightly so, cause they are :)). Warbarons is just a modern realization of those good old tropes. What you and SnotlinG did was essentially taking an old idea and rebuilding it in a a contemporary context, with contemporary tools and in a contemporary environment. You left the essence intact. RPS ought to give you all the praise they can muster (only first they have to be made aware of all this).
hungrytales

Postby kenc80 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:42 am

This is a great game. count me in for another $50! Let's do this guys!
kenc80

PreviousNext

Return to News