Trigger questions

Anything related to creating maps goes here

Trigger questions

Postby magian » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:04 pm

When a trigger spawns units, are the units neutral? Or, are the units aligned to the player that triggered them? I know that I can change the alignment of the spawned creatures with another trigger effect, but I'm curious about their initial disposition.

What happens when I spawn units into a square that already contains units? Does a battle occur?

Triggers can spawn heroes. I'm guessing the heroes are level 1 with a random name. Is this correct?

When a trigger is only available to one player, and it is visible on the map, is it visible to every player? Or, is it only visible to the player who can activate it?
magian

Re: Trigger questions

Postby KGB » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:28 pm

Magian,

magian wrote:When a trigger spawns units, are the units neutral? Or, are the units aligned to the player that triggered them?

Aligned to the player that triggered them.

magian wrote:When a trigger is only available to one player, and it is visible on the map, is it visible to every player? Or, is it only visible to the player who can activate it?

Visible to all players. You can see an example of this on the Lords of Light and Darkness map.

KGB
KGB

Postby magian » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:06 am

Thanks KGB!

You are indeed a sage.
magian

Postby Tim » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:24 am

Did someone know what happens when i have a Trigger that rewards you with...maybe The Grandfather. Can anyone find the Item in a Ruin anomore? And what happend with the Trigger-Reward when its already Found?
Tim

Postby SnotlinG » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:15 am

If an item can be rewarded via a trigger, that same item cannot be found in any ruin...
SnotlinG

Postby Tim » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:23 pm

The Trigger options are a little confusing... sorry. ;) How can i spwan Neutrals?
Tim

Postby SnotlinG » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:12 pm

I dont think you can spawn neutrals :-)
Since triggers are always triggered by a player, units spawned will be owned by the triggering player...
SnotlinG

Postby Tim » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:06 am

Yes thats what i think but
magian wrote: "When a trigger spawns units, are the units neutral? Or, are the units aligned to the player that triggered them? I know that I can change the alignment of the spawned creatures with another trigger effect, but I'm curious about their initial disposition."

I think that he knows a way to make units neutral later. Would be good...
Tim

Return to Map making