Warbarons is an Rassian record :)

Discuss anything here

Warbarons is an Rassian record :)

Postby Igor » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:50 pm

Gentlemen!
Book of records of Russia has now included my achievements in Warbarons - 8 won Ladder seasons in 1v1 and FFA games - as a record of Russia.
Here is the link (in Russian): http://knigarekordovrossii.ru/index.php ... arons.html

Warbarons is rising up to be famous :)
Igor

Re: Warbarons is an Rassian record :)

Postby Omen » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:49 pm

Meanwhile in Russia
Omen

Postby Igor » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:16 pm

is now waiting to be included in World Records Book.
Who knows, may be... :roll:
Attachments
2.JPG
2.JPG (53.33 KiB) Viewed 17274 times
Igor

Postby Moonknight » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:10 am

But Igor, the game is still in beta making all of your victories thus far unofficial...

;)
Moonknight

Postby Igor » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:08 pm

I'm afraid you don't know this, Moon...
This will be the subject for WRB experts decision. I'm waiting for this.
Sure would be nice to be a Guinness record holder.
Additional chance for Warbarons to be good known game in the world.

Russian record is already counted. Absolutely official. I will 'cross my fingers' for the world one.
Igor

Postby KGB » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:21 pm

What's the next achievement?

Home School Valedictorian :lol:

KGB
KGB

Postby Igor » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:38 pm

Sorry that I'm not sure I've understood this, what was meant.
If you wished to congratulate me KGB, it's good move from you :)
Igor

Postby KGB » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:35 pm

Igor,

It's a joke that would only be understood by someone living in North America.

A Valedictorian is an award given to the top person in a high school graduating class. It usually involves giving a speech in front of the graduating class (usually a few hundred students).

Home School means you were schooled at home by your parents / relatives / hired tutors instead of attending regular school.

So Home School Valedictorian means you were given an award for being the top person in a class of 1 :lol: The joke is in reference to the fact your record doesn't mean much given there are maybe 40-50 players in the whole world playing Warbarons on the ladder.

KGB
KGB

Postby Igor » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:35 pm

I've now understood the joke :)
We in Russia also like to joke on the best people who has got remarkable achievements. Should be this is international custom.

Warbarons game is strategic game with defitite rules, where the winner should use own mind to be the best.
Thus anyone who is the winner in Warbarons, has shown the best ability to think.
If to put a look at the top of the monitor you will see number of Active players 123 and Total players 19 120 at the right part. You can also see Ongoing games 231 and Total games 68 571 at the left part.
You may be sure that all of 19 000 players tried to play Warbarons, somebody more and somebody less, and they have completed 68 000 games.
Thus the winner in Warbarons in the best of these 19 000 people.

You may say: ha-ha! if Magnus Carlsen and Viswanathan Anand, the best chess players today, will join Warbarons they will beat all. Ghm... May be. I don't know. You don't know. And nobody doesn't know how this could be if they would join. I think they welcome and let's see.
You should count however that chess rules much differ from Warbarons rules because there is no dice in chess, and Warbarons game gives much more ability to use for the win.
Thus I'm not sure on the best chess players' success here.
You may also ask, what about a random guy who is great player but who still not in Warbarons.
I will answer: let him join and play, he will also get all abilities to be the best. But he still not.
He isn't. And I am. I'm glad to have the best personal result in Warbarons, the best of 19 000 players who ever tried.
This make me to be proud of myself. I completely deserve this.

But that your joke KGB was good. Cheers :)
Igor

Postby KGB » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:02 pm

Igor,

I'm glad you liked the joke. I've used it many times and always gotten laughs when I do.

I totally respect your Ladder achievements over multiple seasons.

But there has never been 19120 players of Warbarons. Most of those are 'bots' that signed up and tried to post spam in the Forum. You can see that by looking at the 'names' they chose. I imagine there are only a few thousand real players who tried the game and maybe 1000 finished more than 1 game (most didn't even finish 1 game).

The 68000+ games also reflects test games on new maps/games against the AI/games that were never finished because players didn't start turns etc. Not sure what percentage of games that works out to but I bet more than half the games are ones that I just mentioned.

That's why your wins are not really that significant in terms of a 'world record'. There just isn't enough players or games played to determine anything like a 'world record'.

KGB
KGB

Next

Return to Off topic