limit to consecutive aways

Do you have suggestions or ideas for improvement, post them here and we will them out.

Re: limit to consecutive aways

Postby Igor » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:58 pm

Benis wrote:...but he isn't blaming others for doing it, he simply states that he would like to see a change to the current system concerning aways.

Not thinking so because:
smursh wrote:...And since you used all but one of your aways to delay a loss against me you can hardly complain about players manipulating end of season to try and win a championship.

There was a long discussion about kingmaking in 17-th season when one player surrendered 2 games for the other one in pair of hours before the end of the season, and because of this that other player took 1st place in the season.
When I posted this, mr.Smursh started to blame me in using all delays.
Now he does this himself. And it looks a deception. Not to do, or not to blame.

Now Benis, when you understand all, would you like to take your tongue out from Smursh's ass? You speak as if it is placed there, but he perhaps will not pay you for the protection :lol:
Igor

Postby Benis » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:00 am

I would really like to see changes concerning aways, options to actually make sure a game is as fast as the players decide it to be when setting up the game. I felt your comment was derailing and not really helpful in any way to facilitate such changes, nor to promote a useful discussion. I did ask you an on-topic question but you chose to ignore it and instead focus on your little hissy-fit concerning Smursh's morals or lack there of.

So again:
Benis wrote:Out of curiosity, you seem to be referring to a vote of some sort. Was this long ago and is it possible to see it and/or the thread that spawned it?
Benis

Postby Igor » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:27 am

Benis wrote:Out of curiosity, you seem to be referring to a vote of some sort. Was this long ago and is it possible to see it and/or the thread that spawned it?

I agree with limitation of using aways, the same as I did many time ago:
Igor wrote:I was first of all who voted agains such method <using all aways>.

But I understand that
Igor wrote:this brings money to the game owners, that can help our game to exist.
Thus I stopped objection.

There was a discussion on this on the forum some years ago, when this firstly appeared, unfortunately I don't remember in what exactly part of the forum this was. My opinion is the same, but logic says this is usefull for all the game, may be better to let the game to be with such ability if it's necessarry.
Igor

Postby Igor » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:58 am

Is anybody remember where on the forum was a discussion on using aways some years ago?
Igor

Postby makmak » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:19 pm

Mates, the reason to use aways is most probabaly sickness, travel, huge workload or other external reasons.
If someone can't play for a week, needs 14 aways...
:roll:
It never happened to me for more than 3 days since I started WB but this is the reason we need aways...
I wouldn't like to lose a game I play for a month just because I have to stay out for few days...
makmak

Postby fantastory » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:31 pm

It seem the ladder prizes are too big to play reasonable...

Here is my idea. Whan a player gets an away in some of his games, than he can not enter (move,end turn) in any of his games where he did not get an away, until he moves in all of his awayed games.

This way you still have away system for sickness and vacations, and it will not be used to prolong game for ladder purposes.
Last edited by fantastory on Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fantastory

Postby zorro » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:47 am

I dont get you peeps. Aways are a part of the game and finally one way for the creators to earn some money. So once you enter a game you should - instead of complaining about people using their aways - be aware that ppl sometimes use them.
zorro

Previous

Return to Wish list