Cheating in warbarons with multiple accounts

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Cheating in warbarons with multiple accounts

Postby LordNerevar » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:32 am

Is there a way how to check IP address of two players?

There are a few hints indicating that one player is in one game with multiple accounts, and one is helping the others (for example - transferring cities via diplomacy in the beginning ot the game - which boosts one player and spoils the game for the others).

I am not sure if this "multiplaying" is happening in my game so I don't want to make a false accusation, so it would be nice if there would be a way how to find this out...

Anyway, should such a behaviour (multiplaying) be forbidden and punished, what do you think? I think yes, because it is spoiling the game as shown above.
LordNerevar

Re: Cheating in warbarons with multiple accounts

Postby KGB » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:57 pm

Wow, with only 76 active players it seems a bit crazy to be trying to cheat like that given it should be easy to confirm.

At one time I thought you could see the IP address of the every player (though you can easily mast that with a VPN and any real cheater would). SnotlinG/Piranha can probably see the IP address. Best you can do is look up the usernames under 'community->members' and see where they live (flag I think is legit from IP) and what times they are on. If they are on at the same time every time that's suspicious.

It would be sad to find out we only have 75 active players. We badly need more players, not fewer.

KGB
KGB

Postby smursh » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:43 pm

If what they are doing is that blatant it should be possible to check what is happening as far as city swops by looking at the replay. Doesn't help while the game is ongoing but at least you will see if you have a basis for your accusation.
smursh

Postby Vicotnic » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:43 pm

I must say that giving away cities at the beginning of the game seemes pretty bad even if it isn't the same person on multiple accounts. Ofcourse there could be legit reasons for it but it sounds quite bad. I would write to SnotlinG/Piranha with your suspicious and maybe they can investigate.
Vicotnic

Postby LordNerevar » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:50 am

I will wait for the replay, than I will have enough evidence and write the admins. I don't need to kick them out from my game, we can deal with them with conventional weapons :)
LordNerevar

Postby SirDrinkALot » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:03 pm

I guess it is obvious to most of the players, that AVESTA and noname are the same. AVESTA could even have more multis but I'm not sure of that.

Just take a look at game ERA, Map Europe. Or WARLORDS, Map Warlords, where nobibla also noticed the cheating.

It is about time, that the admins check if it really is that way and to ban them both if that's the case.
SirDrinkALot

Postby fantastory » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:06 am

You shall post links to replays so everyone can see
fantastory

Postby SirDrinkALot » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:18 am

ERA is noch finished jet.

But in this one you can see how he traded his capitol very early in the game from AVESTA to noname and keeps on going with it: http://www.warbarons.com/ver102/replay/ ... me_nobibla
SirDrinkALot

Postby fantastory » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:25 pm

Yep he gives capitol at turn 11, and then captures other cities.
His elves just waits next to AVISTA cities and capture them at turn 34.
fantastory

Postby fantastory » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:32 pm

Actually I do not see a sensible way to stop this.

Kicking player from game?

Maybe passing cities shall not be allowed. It still would be possible to leave empty city for someone. But it would not be allowed to pass city on the other side of map.
fantastory

Next

Return to Game discussion