Dread Knights

Discuss strategies of warbarons

Re: Dread Knights

Postby tabanli » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:57 pm

I like the function of Dread Knight. He is a great secondary hero which complements Paladin. He may also complements Valkyrie and Horse Lord. Everything is quite right with him, his plunder ability also makes him attractive. I often take them if the Hero offer comes from a city near to my Hero stack and I am planning an early assault to my opponents.

The Heros are quite well done. I am thinking about them for a while and cannot find anyway to improve primary heros. Secondary heros might be a way to go. One suggestion might be " a later in the game defensive city heros ". A hero that gives a standard +5 fortification like Alchemist. He may level up in leadership in the city and/or warding in the city. He may keep the Valkyrie and Horse lord safe in the city.
tabanli

Postby tabanli » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:51 pm

I think on hero battles and against strong cities leadership and chaos is similar. The effect of adding to your units or subtracting from enemy is similar.

The advantage of Chaos is mostly on attacking a pack of weak units as their strength goes down to 5.

First some basic math. The true strength of a unit is basically its hit ratio. Hit ratio is calculated as

Hit Ratio = (Strength/100-Strenght)

Here is the list of basic hit ratios

Strength 75 -> Hit Ratio =3
Strength 60 -> Hit Ratio=1.5
Strength 50 -> Hit Ratio =1
Strength 33 -> Hit Ratio=0.5
Strength 20 -> Hit Ratio =0.25
Strength 15 -> Hit Ratio = 0.17
Strength 10 -> Hit Ratio =0.11
Strength 5 -> Hit Ratio=0.05

So if your strength is 5, adding 5 and increasing it to 10 makes you more than twice strong. If you are 60, you have to add 15 to get twice strong.
tabanli

Postby KGB » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:15 pm

Tabanli,

Your math calcs are wrong.

Hit Ratio should be: Hit Ratio = (Strength/100-enemy Strength)

So the entire table you posted is meaningless.

Chaos/Leadership can be summed up as:
Chaos is better when the average strength of your units exceeds that of your opponent.
Leadership is better when the average strength of your opponents units exceeds yours.

You can see that with a simple example. A 10 strength vs a 20 strength unit and a +5 bonus (either Chaos or Leadership).

If your unit has 10 strength and you add 5 (Leader) the battle becomes 15 vs 20 (3v4).
if your unit has 10 strength and you remove 5 (chaos) the battle becomes 10 vs 15 (2v3)
3v4 is better than 2v3 so Leadership is better when your opponents strength exceeds yours.

If your unit has 20 strength and you add 5 (Leader) the battle becomes 25 vs 10 (5v2).
if your unit has 20 strength and you remove 5 (chaos) the battle becomes 20 vs 5 (4v1)
4v1 is better than 5v2 so Chaos is better when your strength exceeds your opponents.

KGB
KGB

Postby tabanli » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:01 pm

I would like to continue this on a separate thread since it is a more general discussion.
tabanli

Postby szymraszyn » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:27 am

Hi,
I think paladin is much better than dread knight but together they are really good duo. You improve paladin's leadership to 11, then his strenght to 45( he must be 6L). 6L dread knight than has 9 chaos and 85% plunder. Then they cross the map searching ruins (paladin) pillaging cities ( dread knight) and killing all enemys ( pladin 56 strenght + items from ruins against every enemy -9).
szymraszyn

Previous

Return to Strategy talk