fight order & weakened devil & archon

Beta4 testers

fight order & weakened devil & archon

Postby kenc80 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:17 pm

after a few weeks of B4 I am wondering about the default fight order. I dont understand why the red dragon is rated so much lower than the crusader in the default fight order. Red Dragon is Fly & +12 to group morale vs crusader of group morale +3. Granted crusaders have the ruin thing (and by the way, my heroes are getting absolutely slaughtered in Level 2 ruins, even paladins with ruin search +1). Im not searching anymore L2 ruins w/o a crusader! Which is a unit, for the record, that i really like. I just dont understand why he is where he is in fight order. This all comes about because I had a fight where I had two yeti 3 ghosts a dragon, an eagle, a crusader and my hero. Default fight order had ghosts fighting first, followed by yeti, then dragon then eagle then crusader then hero? Shouldnt eagles, crusaders and yeti go far before ghosts and dragons?

Anyways, back to the point. The fight order I think ought to have red dragons and ghosts above crusaders and eagles.

Also - I'm sad about the devil & archon ratings. +8 fear and +8 chaos is crazy different than the absolute cancel bonuses they were giving before.

Nothing calmed a dragon down like throwing a devil in the stack, now its -10 to morale but the dragon is giving +12 so its not even totally negated anymore. Why not put the archon and devil at like -20 to leadership/morale? Right now the pegasi alone is matching the devil in terms of bonus. I feel those two units have been nerfed.

Same with archons. with super heroes, archons were your only hope but now a L3 Hero is above the archons ability. I'm fighting raging saxon in a B3 game right now and he has this damned archon that is causing me all sorts of trouble. If this was a B4 game I wouldn't be sweating it nearly as much. Why nerf the archon?

I know KGB has been bitching about the hero strength so I guess this is a corresponding complaint about the weakness of these power units. Maybe all 3 were lowered intentionally so I guess it makes sense that all 3 were weakened. Just my two cents. I do love B4 by the way --- great job!
kenc80

Re: fight order & weakened devil & archon

Postby piranha » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:39 pm

I will fix the fight order. You are right about it not making sense right now.

About the other units we have made changes but they are only visible in new Beta4 games.

The devil cancels 10 now (so dragon still have +2 when facing a devil)

There are two archons now.
Archon at 1600 gold that does 8 negative hero (move 16) and Grand archon at 1900 doing 16 negative hero (move 17).

There are a couple of other minor balance changes too.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby kenc80 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:13 pm

ok the grand archon definitely helps. Still, I'm curious why devil doesnt get at least -12. Did you think he was overpowered in beta 3?

Is there anywhere that shows the minor changes. Everything looking good in all the games i'm in. Pressing OK to exit city view screen doesnt seem to work by the way. You have to hit cancel to exit screen.

Ken
kenc80

Postby SnotlinG » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:03 pm

kenc80,
I tried the city-overview just now. Just opening it, and then closing it by pressing the OK button works for me.
Is it that pop-up you mean that is not working? (opened by the button on the left side of the screen)
Is it not working in any of your games? Have you done any actions before it stop working? (i.e. battle, hero-offer, city-detailed view etc)

Any info would be appreciated as it helps me track down the bug :-)

Thanks
SnotlinG
SnotlinG

Postby KGB » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:07 pm

Ken,

How is it you have time to play Warlords turns? Shouldn't you be out gathering Hurricane supplies :)

KGB
KGB

Postby kenc80 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:29 pm

haha the hurricane is missing us! but I did feel the epic east coast earthquake the other day while I was at work. Not much more than a little tremor down here in Carolina though. Still pretty cool. Maybe the hurricane will hit DC and wash all these politicians away....
kenc80

Return to beta4 discussion