Feedback

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Feedback

Postby Juma » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Dear Community,

i recently discovered this game, got curious and played through the tutorial. Now, before i leave again, im going to share my impressions, the impressions of an outstanding guy, with you.

+Whats positive about this game:

* Nice graphics
* A comfortable ui
* No free2play model
* Human prices for silver and gold accounts

- What i found to be negative about this game:

* Two bugs i discovered:
1. During the whole tutorial, several signs are buggy. That doesnt leave a good impression to newcomers.
2. After finishing several tutorials, the game doesnt redirect the user to the main scrren, as it is intended.

* Personal impressions:
1. While using the "detailed group stats" screen, there are a lot of symbols, and none of them show any description.
2. I dont like the big random factor in this game. Replacing skill by chance is never a good idea.
3. Changing the fight order cannot be done without a gold account. That means that users who spend real money have a significant advantage in battles. I wont support such a agame.

Of course, everything i wrote is subjective and applies only for me. I hope it helps a bit anyway...

Greetings
Juma

Re: Feedback

Postby SnotlinG » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:31 pm

Hello Juma,

As one of the creators let me just respond quickly to a few of your statements :-)

Bug 1 is known, and it is on our todo list to clearup the signs in the tutorials. We just havent had time yet, but will do it quite soon.

Bug 2 is new I think, could you please clarify a little bit what you mean with this one?

Personal 1; Its not my area, but maybe we could add some tooltip onmousovers there. This is why its really good to get feedback from new users, as a lot of this is things we dont reflect over...

Personal 2; I dont think it is so big random factor. You just need to play a few games to learn how to optimize your chances etc. Looking at the ladder we can definitely see a difference between good players and the more average players, and that cant be explained by luck imha :-)

Personal 3; It can be changed, you just need to do it via the menu at the top "ORDER" -> "Fight Order". It is only the short-key that is limited for gold users. One of our main ideas is that you cannot buy ingame advantages, only ingame "comfort" so to speak.

I hope you stick around abit and try the game a bit more, and maybe vs human players where it is much more fun!
SnotlinG

Postby Juma » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:03 pm

Hello SnotlinG.

thanks for your explanations and your kind reply. It seems as if i would have been hasty indeed.
As you suggested, i will give the game a deeper try, and if it should turn out to be the game i want to stay at, i will gladly support it financially and by forum-activity.

About my "open" feedback:

Bug 2: After finishing a tutorial mission, a message pops up that says that you will be redirected to the main account page. But instead, (not sure if this happens after each tutorial, but at least after several tutorials), the game switches to the observer mode and another message pops up and says, that the game has already been finished.

Personal 1: That would be great indeed. Its really annpying for new players not to know the meaning of the different icons in the overview.

Generally i greatly respect the idea, not to sell ingame-advantages, and it is totally okay to offer comfort for real money.

More feedback to come...
Until then, i'm looking forward to play against other human players :)...
Juma

Postby Chazar » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:24 pm

Juma wrote:Personal 1: That would be great indeed. Its really annpying for new players not to know the meaning of the different icons in the overview.

Note that there exists the Warpedia' icon overview.

However, the Warpedia seem to be a static collection of webpages, as opposed to pulling the data from the game (e.g. negate heroism, warding, group anti air are missing), and the info should really be accessible directly from within the game (e.g. while the unit stats Warpedia is accessible from within the game, the city dialogue offers yet another unit overview showing the actual correct stats for the units of the version of the game you are actually in).
Chazar

Postby SnotlinG » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:16 pm

Juma wrote:Hello SnotlinG.

Bug 2: After finishing a tutorial mission, a message pops up that says that you will be redirected to the main account page. But instead, (not sure if this happens after each tutorial, but at least after several tutorials), the game switches to the observer mode and another message pops up and says, that the game has already been finished.

I will investigate this. Thanks for reporting :-)
SnotlinG

Postby SnotlinG » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:32 pm

FYI I have now cleaned up the signs, so should look better. :-)
Also found some small issues on the tutorial-page, and now the stars for completed tutorials are shown correctly.

Im still looking into the Bug 2, I have completed all the standard tutorials myself now without encountering this bug. However there is something weird going on when playing the last tutorials where you face several AIs and when the game ends. That popup is incorrect (when the game is over it says something like "player null is next player"), so I will try to fix it. Maybe this is the same issue as you encountered...
SnotlinG

Postby Juma » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:10 am

Heres some new feedback from my side:

SnotlinG wrote:Im still looking into the Bug 2, I have completed all the standard tutorials myself now without encountering this bug. However there is something weird going on when playing the last tutorials where you face several AIs and when the game ends. That popup is incorrect (when the game is over it says something like "player null is next player"), so I will try to fix it. Maybe this is the same issue as you encountered...

I fear that is another bug ^^
Strange that the other bug i mentioned doesnt apply for everybody.
Maybe it has something to do with the browser...

There's another bug i discovered:
° When using the "set unit order to default" command in the "unit oder" menu, all units are deleted from the screen.

Additionaly, i have two new suggestions:
° There should be an option to save a general unit order. You could add that as a new silver or gold feature.

° About Ambush: The success of an ambush attack should involve the attacked units strenght. What i would suggest, would be to change ambush to a "first strike" attack against a units base strenght.
That means, that the success isnt decided by a a single dice, but that dices are thrown for the ambush power and the basic battle strenght of the attacked unit.
And only if ambush succeeds, and the defending fails, a target unit instantly dies.

Edit:
Generally, i sadly have to say, that even after a deeper try, the luck factor makes the game more unprofessional than i (personally) can live with.
In my last game, my hero (strenght 44) got hit 2 times by a unit with a strenght of 15 and died. Of course thats not common, and of course skill is still very important in this game, but im just too old to get mad about bad luck anymore...

Still, i wish this project all the best and hope it will become very succesful...

Greetings
Last edited by Juma on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Juma

Postby SnotlinG » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:42 pm

Juma wrote:Heres some new feedback from my side:
There's another bug i discovered:
° When using the "set unit order to default" command in the "unit oder" menu, all units are deleted from the screen.

Bug found and fixed!

Juma wrote:Additionaly, i have two new suggestions:
° There should be an option to save a general unit order. You could add that as a new silver or gold feature.

° About Ambush: The success of an ambush attack should involve the attacked units strenght. What i would suggest, would be to change ambush to a "first strike" attack against a units base strenght.
That means, that the success isnt decided by a a single dice, but that dices are thrown for the ambush power and the basic battle strenght of the attacked unit.
And only if ambush succeeds, and the defending fails, a target unit instantly dies.

1) Yes, this is something we will most likely add in the future. We have been talking about it, just havent had time yet :-)

2) This sounds like a rather big change to ambush. Please post the suggestion in our "wish" forum, and the community can discuss it :-)
SnotlinG

Return to Game discussion