Ruin Rewards

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Ruin Rewards

Postby KGB » Fri May 03, 2013 4:48 am

What are the potential allies and their numbers for the ruin levels?

I ask because 3 turns ago in a game I searched a L3 ruin and got 2 Demon allies. Not what I wanted but I thought well at least they are OK units in a pair and can go with another couple Demons I had from another hero offer. But now in my latest turn I opened a L2 ruin (a respawned one) and I got 2 Demon allies. Now I feel like I got robbed in my L3 ruin because if 2 Demons can come in a L2 ruin I would expect 3+ in a L3.

Also I have yet to see my item. I assume it's a L1 item but I can't seem to find it. Has anyone seen it in any game?

KGB
KGB

Re: Ruin Rewards

Postby piranha » Fri May 03, 2013 6:31 am

Havent seen it either but its a L2 item with a couple of other bonuses on it too. But I also think it should be a L1 item. Have to check with snotling if we can change it to L1 in the middle of this version without causing weird things to happen.

You shouldn't be able to get 2 demons from a L3 ruin unless the mapmaker edited the ruin to give that reward.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby Experix » Fri May 03, 2013 9:09 am

I haven't met demons in L2, but always seemed weird to me that I always got two elementals, but just one ghost. And recently I got one ghost from L1 as well.
I usually search a lot of L2 ruins. But I never met any of new L2 items there which is quite unprobable.
Experix

Postby magian » Fri May 03, 2013 12:14 pm

I have gotten 2 demons from a level 3 ruin on Bullrun. Pretty sure it was just a standard ruin. Also, eternal coin should be a lvl 2 item, not a level 3 IMO. I would rather have the patriarch every time, and that is only a level 2.
magian

Postby KGB » Fri May 03, 2013 1:23 pm

Piranha,

This was a normal randomized L3 ruin. If it was a set reward I would have known by clicking on the ruin and would not have wasted time adding a lot of UL to my hero before going there. I also know Magian got 2 Demons from a L3 ruin on Bullrun and as the author of the map I know for a fact the L3 ruins are all random. So somehow you can get 2 Demons from a L3 ruin.

Hopefully KGB's item can be lowered to a L1 so it sees more use.

Experix,

I've gotten the new items (Agrippa's balanced ring and MoonKnights item and at least one other new one) from L2 ruins. So you must be having a run of extreme luck not to have seen them.

I've also gotten the 1 Ghost from a L1 ruin reward. It's VERY rare that it happens so I think it must be a mistake like the 2 Demons in a L3 ruin. I agree that only 1 Ghost from a L2 ruin is not enough of a reward compared to 2 Elementals. It should be 2 Ghosts. I'd also like to see the possibility of getting 3 Wizards from a L2 ruin.

Magian,

I agree the Eternal Coin is a L2 item. It's better than you think especially in a long game where you may own it for 20+ turns generating 2000+ gold but at other times you get it on a small map/late game and it has much less value. So L2 is about right for it.

KGB

P.S. I think it should be possible to get an Ally reward from a L1 ruin. 1 Elemental or 1 Ghost would not be game breaking.
KGB

Postby tabanli » Fri May 03, 2013 5:37 pm

Can we also add Unicorn as a potential ally. I would rather receive one unicorn than one ghost or demon. I rather have one unicorn than having 2 demons or two ghost. They add a lot to hero stack when they come as an ally, they end up where they are needed. For me, allies are good hero stack add-ons. They should save you time or gold to produce them.
tabanli

Postby KGB » Fri May 03, 2013 5:43 pm

A Unicorn would have to be a L3 ruin ally. L2 Allies are only fighting units, not stack bonus units.

So would you then want to forgo potentially 1500 gold or more for 1 Unicorn? To me the answer is no. 1 RD or 1 Devil or 1 Archon makes sense because they are big bonus units that cost more than that to produce and take 5 turns.

KGB
KGB

Postby tabanli » Sat May 04, 2013 6:29 am

I think we have to assume that ruin gives allies. So the question is would I like to reduce my chance to a Red Dragon by including a Unicorn as a potential ally. Probably not. But on the other hand I never got any Red Dragon from a level 3 ruin, I keep getting an Archon and most of the time I would rather have a Unicorn. Part of the reason is be cause I cannot rely on ruins, I often train Archon or Great Archon on large maps or one on one games. I would say Archon can be more critical in some games, small maps, team games etc. But Unicorn is overall more useful on large map or one on one.

I am also talking about the allies that comes with the hero. So in that category unicorn falls right into the middle. I would rank it above Wizard and Ghost, below Red Dragon and Devil and at the same level as Medusa-Element-Archon-Demon. I am not sure if the formula at http://www.warbarons.com/wiki/hero_offers is uptodate but I think we should consider adding unicorn[0] = rand(600, 900)?
tabanli

Postby tabanli » Sat May 04, 2013 6:44 am

I also think ruin XP rewards should be adjusted if the allies in the ruin is already declared. I mean you are getting free allies with low undead lore, risk free without any battles and still get 850 XP ?
tabanli

Postby KGB » Sat May 04, 2013 5:01 pm

tabanli wrote:I am also talking about the allies that comes with the hero. So in that category unicorn falls right into the middle. I would rank it above Wizard and Ghost, below Red Dragon and Devil and at the same level as Medusa-Element-Archon-Demon. I am not sure if the formula at http://www.warbarons.com/wiki/hero_offers is uptodate but I think we should consider adding unicorn[0] = rand(600, 900)?

It's already hard to get the ally you want now. There is currently 8 allies meaning you only have a 1/8 chance to get what you are looking for. I would not want to reduce that further when I a need a RD or a Devil.

However I do think that as the game goes on the allies should change. I already asked for this feature. So that after turn 15 the Archon becomes a Grand Archon and the Elemental becomes a Green Dragon. Maybe the Wizard could become a Unicorn.

KGB

P.S. I agree the XP for ruins containing fixed allies (ie those you know about due to map maker placement) should be halved.
KGB

Next

Return to Game discussion